Mar 25, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals apparently held Nicklas Backstrom out of the remainder of Tuesday’s shootout loss to the Los Angeles Kings for precautionary reasons. Now the question is what, exactly, is ailing the talented Swede.
Various sources indicate that the 26-year-old did not suffer a concussion. The Capitals are typically labeling it vaguely as an upper-body injury, but CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that it could be a left shoulder issue.
Big picture, that’s good news for Backstrom, although shoulder injuries can leave players sidelined for prolonged stretches in their own right.
For more on the Capitals loss to Los Angeles, click here.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)