Mar 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Greiss goes for Coyotes
Greiss came on in relief of Smith during last night’s 4-3 OT loss to the Rangers, allowing two goals on nine shots — including the winner in the extra frame. Now, the 28-year-old German will carry the load until Smith is healthy. Greiss hasn’t played much this year, boasting a 7-5-2 record in just 16 appearances, but does have a good save percentage (.924) and goals-against average (2.38).
For the Penguins, Marc-Andre Fleury will get the start in goal.
Miller looks to rebound
Ryan Miller is aiming to snap his first slump as a Blue tonight when he squares off against Toronto.
After starting 8-0-1 with St. Louis, Miller has lost his last two starts while allowing seven goals, posting an .844 save percentage. Miller’s slide was exacerbated by the fact his backup, Brian Elliott, was stellar in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Pittsburgh, stopping all 33 shot faced for his fourth shutout of the season.
For the Leafs, no official starter has been named… but it appears Jonathan Bernier is set to return from a groin injury.
Sabres at Canadiens: Matthew Hackett vs. Carey Price
Avs at Preds: Semyon Varlamov for Colorado; no word yet on a Nashville starter.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)