Mar 25, 2014, 1:43 AM EDT
Lucic had some strong words for Emelin following Monday’s heated match-up between the two Original Six rivals, which was won in the shootout by the Canadiens.
“Whether it’s fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn’t scared, he would stand up and hit me and not go after my knees,” Lucic said, as per ESPN Boston.
“It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you’ve got to keep your guard up at all times.”
Later in the game, it appeared Lucic caught Emelin with a spear, however he denied that.
There was another incident in the first period, in which two members of the Canadiens were hurt. Forward Dale Weise was hurt on a hit from Bruins’ Kevan Miller, who was called for cross checking on the play. Habs’ forward Travis Moen stepped in to fight Miller, but was knocked to the ice after taking a punch to the side of the head.
“I hope [Weise] is all right — both those guys. To be honest with you about the hit, I felt bad about it. I just kind of bumped into him,” Miller told CSNNE.com.
“I think he was a little off balance. I stood there just trying to make sure he was okay for a second, and Moen asked if I wanted to go. I just hope they’re both okay.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)