Mar 25, 2014, 1:43 AM EST
Lucic had some strong words for Emelin following Monday’s heated match-up between the two Original Six rivals, which was won in the shootout by the Canadiens.
“Whether it’s fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn’t scared, he would stand up and hit me and not go after my knees,” Lucic said, as per ESPN Boston.
“It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you’ve got to keep your guard up at all times.”
Later in the game, it appeared Lucic caught Emelin with a spear, however he denied that.
There was another incident in the first period, in which two members of the Canadiens were hurt. Forward Dale Weise was hurt on a hit from Bruins’ Kevan Miller, who was called for cross checking on the play. Habs’ forward Travis Moen stepped in to fight Miller, but was knocked to the ice after taking a punch to the side of the head.
“I hope [Weise] is all right — both those guys. To be honest with you about the hit, I felt bad about it. I just kind of bumped into him,” Miller told CSNNE.com.
“I think he was a little off balance. I stood there just trying to make sure he was okay for a second, and Moen asked if I wanted to go. I just hope they’re both okay.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)