Mar 24, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
The game actually marks Carter’s first return to Philadelphia since he was traded in 2011. He was here with the Columbus Blue Jackets but was injured and didn’t play. Richards returned in October 2011 and predictably was greeted with a mix of cheers and boos. The duo expects more of the same tonight.
Since being traded out of Philadelphia in the summer of 2011 — reportedly because of their “hard-partying ways” — the two ex-Flyers stars have been reunited in Los Angeles, where they won the Stanley Cup together in 2012.
But that’s in the past now. The Flyers go into tonight’s game playing their best hockey of the season. They’ve won five straight and are 12-2-1 since the beginning of February. Included in those 12 victories are wins over St. Louis, Pittsburgh (twice), Chicago, NY Rangers, San Jose, Colorado and L.A.
Which is to say, they’ve beaten some pretty good teams.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25