Mar 5, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
According to reports, Minnesota and Buffalo have combined on a deadline day blockbuster for the second straight year.
Update: Full deal, per the News’ John Vogl…
To sum up: Sabres send Matt Moulson, Cody McCormick to Wild for Torrey Mitchell, two second-round picks (’14, ’16). ’14 came from Winnipeg.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) March 5, 2014
The deal came in after the deadline, so specifics are still unclear. What is known is that, should the report be accurate, the Wild will have acquired both Moulson and Jason Pominville from Buffalo in consecutive seasons.
Moulson had 11 goals and 29 points in 44 games with the Sabres after being acquired from Long Island early in the season. The three-time 30-goal scorer will add major punch to a Minnesota lineup that already includes the likes of Pominville, Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter and Dany Heatley — in fact, Moulson’s 17 goals this year puts him third on the Wild behind Pominville and Parise.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)