Mar 5, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
According to reports, Minnesota and Buffalo have combined on a deadline day blockbuster for the second straight year.
Update: Full deal, per the News’ John Vogl…
To sum up: Sabres send Matt Moulson, Cody McCormick to Wild for Torrey Mitchell, two second-round picks (’14, ’16). ’14 came from Winnipeg.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) March 5, 2014
The deal came in after the deadline, so specifics are still unclear. What is known is that, should the report be accurate, the Wild will have acquired both Moulson and Jason Pominville from Buffalo in consecutive seasons.
Moulson had 11 goals and 29 points in 44 games with the Sabres after being acquired from Long Island early in the season. The three-time 30-goal scorer will add major punch to a Minnesota lineup that already includes the likes of Pominville, Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter and Dany Heatley — in fact, Moulson’s 17 goals this year puts him third on the Wild behind Pominville and Parise.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 26
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)