Mar 5, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
According to reports, Minnesota and Buffalo have combined on a deadline day blockbuster for the second straight year.
Update: Full deal, per the News’ John Vogl…
To sum up: Sabres send Matt Moulson, Cody McCormick to Wild for Torrey Mitchell, two second-round picks (’14, ’16). ’14 came from Winnipeg.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) March 5, 2014
The deal came in after the deadline, so specifics are still unclear. What is known is that, should the report be accurate, the Wild will have acquired both Moulson and Jason Pominville from Buffalo in consecutive seasons.
Moulson had 11 goals and 29 points in 44 games with the Sabres after being acquired from Long Island early in the season. The three-time 30-goal scorer will add major punch to a Minnesota lineup that already includes the likes of Pominville, Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter and Dany Heatley — in fact, Moulson’s 17 goals this year puts him third on the Wild behind Pominville and Parise.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)