Mar 5, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
According to reports, Minnesota and Buffalo have combined on a deadline day blockbuster for the second straight year.
Update: Full deal, per the News’ John Vogl…
To sum up: Sabres send Matt Moulson, Cody McCormick to Wild for Torrey Mitchell, two second-round picks (’14, ’16). ’14 came from Winnipeg.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) March 5, 2014
The deal came in after the deadline, so specifics are still unclear. What is known is that, should the report be accurate, the Wild will have acquired both Moulson and Jason Pominville from Buffalo in consecutive seasons.
Moulson had 11 goals and 29 points in 44 games with the Sabres after being acquired from Long Island early in the season. The three-time 30-goal scorer will add major punch to a Minnesota lineup that already includes the likes of Pominville, Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter and Dany Heatley — in fact, Moulson’s 17 goals this year puts him third on the Wild behind Pominville and Parise.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)