Feb 16, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski got the rough ride last night from Boston’s Zdeno Chara including getting boarded and looking dazed. He stayed in and killed the Bruins with two goals. Was he concussed though?
Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
Tyler Myers’ end-to-end rush easily won him the February 7-13th Goal of the Week.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Red Wings snapped out of their first period funk and potted two goals to take a 3-2 lead over Boston.
Feb 13, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The 2010-11 Boston Bruins bring a mixture of toughness and skill that evokes more than a few memories of the Stanley Cup-winning Big, Bad Bruins of the ’70s.
Feb 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Here is a preview of next game’s NBC Game of the Week, as the Boston Bruins will visit the Detroit Red Wings.
Feb 5, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
You thought Zdeno Chara’s slap shot at the All-Star Game was impressive? Denis Kulyash of the KHL laughs at his meager 105.9 mph shot.
Jan 29, 2011, 10:25 PM EDT
Here’s video and discussion of Zdeno Chara breaking his own hardest shot record with a 105.9 mile per hour slapper.
2011 NHL SuperSkills results: Zdeno Chara breaks his own record with 105.9 mph slapper in hardest shot contest
Jan 29, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Shea Weber beat him in the qualifying rounds and unleashed some great slappers of his own, but Zdeno Chara broke his own record for the hardest shot competition with an absurd 105.9 mile per hour effort.
Jan 17, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Want to see what it looks like when a 6’9″ defenseman gets a hat trick? Of course you do.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Some days you’ve just got it. Today, the Bruins had it in spades winning 7-0 over Carolina.
Jan 15, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara’s accidentally caught his own teammate with a high stick this afternoon, breaking Steven Kampfer’s nose.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
All seemed to be going well with the Penguins leading Boston 2-0 late in the third period. A couple bad penalties and defensive plays later and the Pens end up losing by two.
Jan 8, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
It’s like a horror show that Bruins fans don’t want to watch anymore as the Canadiens come back from being down 2-0 in the third to win in overtime.
Nov 10, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
You think it’s easy being a big guy in the NHL? Even 6’9″ Zdeno Chara has worries about head shots.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)