Jan 22, 2012, 11:50 PM EST
Michalek’s hearing is in the morning while Ovechkin will discuss his hit in the afternoon.
Jan 22, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Two iffy plays could wind up on Brendan Shanahan’s radar.
Jan 22, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
Discuss the game in the comments.
Dec 17, 2011, 5:52 PM EST
This can’t be good news…
Dec 16, 2011, 7:03 PM EST
Teemu Selanne returns to Winnipeg.
Dec 13, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
It can get worse for the Penguins as Evgeni Malkin is apparently hurting as well. We think.
Dec 10, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
More injury problems for the Penguins as Jordan Staal is out tonight.
Dec 5, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
Sorry for the lack of focus on this one. We’ve been busy.
Dec 5, 2011, 12:29 PM EST
In news that shouldn’t shock you today, Kris Letang has a concussion thanks to the hit he took from Max Pacioretty.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
The Ducks are being jerks because they’re ruining the final season of a future Hall of Famer. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
The Penguins really are going with a fully loaded lineup tonight as Zbynek Michalek is also back from injury tonight.
Oct 24, 2011, 9:43 AM EST
The hits keep coming for Pittsburgh as Zbynek Michalek will miss a month with a broken finger.
Sep 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
If you thought the Penguins were good already, just wait until you see them with their two best players back on the ice.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:43 PM EST
The Panthers brought in a gang of young forwards to help improve the team this season. But if the team in South Beach wants to improve over the next few seasons, the veteran leadership of Ed Jovanovkski with the young cats on defense might be just as important.
May 17, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
Penguins GM Ray Shero doesn’t know where any of the Jaromir Jagr returning rumors started, but if he does come back to the NHL, it probably won’t be in Pittsburgh.
Apr 14, 2011, 12:58 PM EST
Martin St. Louis lost two teeth and was forced to undergo a double root canal because of a high-stick that wasn’t even called. Yet he won’t miss Friday’s game … because he’s a hockey player.
Mar 19, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
The Penguins are still a major threat to go all the way in the Eastern Conference without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Shouldn’t that alone be enough to make Dan Bylsma coach of the year?
Nov 1, 2010, 4:44 PM EST
Remember this morning when we told you that Jordan Staal would be returning this week? Yeah, about that…
Nov 1, 2010, 12:42 PM EST
If you’re a Penguins fan that’s been frustrated with the team’s start to the season, fear not. Reinforcements are on the way.
Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 PM EST
While the Penguins and Brent Johnson are on a torrid pace, there’s no doubt that they must miss their four most noteworthy injured players: Jordan Staal, Zbynek Michalek, Brooks Orpik and Arron Asham. While it’s unclear when exactly the four will return to the ice, TSN passes along the good news that each skater at least took the ice on Tuesday, with Staal, Michalek and Asham actually appearing in practice with the team.
Oct 14, 2010, 5:19 PM EST
The Penguins will be without the services of defenseman Zbynek Michalek for 2-4 weeks, delivering a tough early-season blow to their blue line corps.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)