Dec 5, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
Sorry for the lack of focus on this one. We’ve been busy.
Dec 5, 2011, 12:29 PM EST
In news that shouldn’t shock you today, Kris Letang has a concussion thanks to the hit he took from Max Pacioretty.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
The Ducks are being jerks because they’re ruining the final season of a future Hall of Famer. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
The Penguins really are going with a fully loaded lineup tonight as Zbynek Michalek is also back from injury tonight.
Oct 24, 2011, 9:43 AM EST
The hits keep coming for Pittsburgh as Zbynek Michalek will miss a month with a broken finger.
Sep 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
If you thought the Penguins were good already, just wait until you see them with their two best players back on the ice.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:43 PM EST
The Panthers brought in a gang of young forwards to help improve the team this season. But if the team in South Beach wants to improve over the next few seasons, the veteran leadership of Ed Jovanovkski with the young cats on defense might be just as important.
May 17, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
Penguins GM Ray Shero doesn’t know where any of the Jaromir Jagr returning rumors started, but if he does come back to the NHL, it probably won’t be in Pittsburgh.
Apr 14, 2011, 12:58 PM EST
Martin St. Louis lost two teeth and was forced to undergo a double root canal because of a high-stick that wasn’t even called. Yet he won’t miss Friday’s game … because he’s a hockey player.
Mar 19, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
The Penguins are still a major threat to go all the way in the Eastern Conference without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Shouldn’t that alone be enough to make Dan Bylsma coach of the year?
Nov 1, 2010, 4:44 PM EST
Remember this morning when we told you that Jordan Staal would be returning this week? Yeah, about that…
Nov 1, 2010, 12:42 PM EST
If you’re a Penguins fan that’s been frustrated with the team’s start to the season, fear not. Reinforcements are on the way.
Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 PM EST
While the Penguins and Brent Johnson are on a torrid pace, there’s no doubt that they must miss their four most noteworthy injured players: Jordan Staal, Zbynek Michalek, Brooks Orpik and Arron Asham. While it’s unclear when exactly the four will return to the ice, TSN passes along the good news that each skater at least took the ice on Tuesday, with Staal, Michalek and Asham actually appearing in practice with the team.
Oct 14, 2010, 5:19 PM EST
The Penguins will be without the services of defenseman Zbynek Michalek for 2-4 weeks, delivering a tough early-season blow to their blue line corps.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 11
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 55
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (55)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)