Jan 23, 2012, 10:12 AM EDT
Owning up to your own mistake while calling out someone else’s is like a backhanded compliment, right?
Jan 22, 2012, 11:50 PM EDT
Michalek’s hearing is in the morning while Ovechkin will discuss his hit in the afternoon.
Jan 22, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Two iffy plays could wind up on Brendan Shanahan’s radar.
Jan 22, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Discuss the game in the comments.
Dec 17, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
This can’t be good news…
Dec 16, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne returns to Winnipeg.
Dec 13, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
It can get worse for the Penguins as Evgeni Malkin is apparently hurting as well. We think.
Dec 10, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
More injury problems for the Penguins as Jordan Staal is out tonight.
Dec 5, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
Sorry for the lack of focus on this one. We’ve been busy.
Dec 5, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
In news that shouldn’t shock you today, Kris Letang has a concussion thanks to the hit he took from Max Pacioretty.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The Ducks are being jerks because they’re ruining the final season of a future Hall of Famer. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
The Penguins really are going with a fully loaded lineup tonight as Zbynek Michalek is also back from injury tonight.
Oct 24, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
The hits keep coming for Pittsburgh as Zbynek Michalek will miss a month with a broken finger.
Sep 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
If you thought the Penguins were good already, just wait until you see them with their two best players back on the ice.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:43 PM EDT
The Panthers brought in a gang of young forwards to help improve the team this season. But if the team in South Beach wants to improve over the next few seasons, the veteran leadership of Ed Jovanovkski with the young cats on defense might be just as important.
May 17, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
Penguins GM Ray Shero doesn’t know where any of the Jaromir Jagr returning rumors started, but if he does come back to the NHL, it probably won’t be in Pittsburgh.
Apr 14, 2011, 12:58 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis lost two teeth and was forced to undergo a double root canal because of a high-stick that wasn’t even called. Yet he won’t miss Friday’s game … because he’s a hockey player.
Mar 19, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
The Penguins are still a major threat to go all the way in the Eastern Conference without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Shouldn’t that alone be enough to make Dan Bylsma coach of the year?
Nov 1, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Remember this morning when we told you that Jordan Staal would be returning this week? Yeah, about that…
Nov 1, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
If you’re a Penguins fan that’s been frustrated with the team’s start to the season, fear not. Reinforcements are on the way.
Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 PM EDT
While the Penguins and Brent Johnson are on a torrid pace, there’s no doubt that they must miss their four most noteworthy injured players: Jordan Staal, Zbynek Michalek, Brooks Orpik and Arron Asham. While it’s unclear when exactly the four will return to the ice, TSN passes along the good news that each skater at least took the ice on Tuesday, with Staal, Michalek and Asham actually appearing in practice with the team.
Oct 14, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
The Penguins will be without the services of defenseman Zbynek Michalek for 2-4 weeks, delivering a tough early-season blow to their blue line corps.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 0
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)