Dec 21, 2011, 6:30 AM EDT
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Dec 15, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
Breaking out three bench players probably won’t help the Kings beat the lowly Blue Jackets tonight.
Dec 11, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Dec 7, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
While the Kings’ injured players are showing positive signs, Richards is the exception as he still hasn’t started skating yet.
Dec 2, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Out after getting hit by Florida’s Sean Bergenheim Thursday night.
Dec 2, 2011, 3:37 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings may have earned two points against the Florida Panthers, but it may have cost them two of their more important players in the process.
Nov 23, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
Sep 24, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
While Drew Doughty continues to be in limbo as a restricted free agent, Slava Voynov is getting a long look in Los Angeles because of it and he’s taking full advantage of the chance.
Apr 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Today’s Five Thoughts focuses in on Chicago’s heart of a champion and Vancouver’s ability to look oddly like Canucks teams from the last two years.
Jan 7, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
The disappointing Los Angeles Kings will bolster their struggling lineup with the return of Willie Mitchell and Alexei Ponikarovsky tomorrow night.
Dec 19, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Willie Mitchell is facing his second injury setback of the 2010-11 season already, as he’s expected to miss 2-3 weeks with a “lower body injury.”
Nov 8, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
It turns out that Willie Mitchell did have a fracture in his wrist. It also turns out that Alexei Ponikarovsky also has a broken finger. Let the testing for the Kings begin now.
Nov 7, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
Good news: Willie Mitchell’s arm isn’t broken. Bad news: Kings still don’t know what’s ailing him.
Nov 6, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
Tonight’s heavy NHL schedule has seen a host of injuries go down this evening. Here’s a quick check on who went down and out tonight. Boston’s David Krejci took a wicked hit in overtime from Blues forward T.J. Oshie which put him down on the ice and lead to him hitting his head on the…
Oct 30, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Tonight’s game between the Devils and Kings could’ve seen Ilya Kovalchuk playing against the team that traded for him last year. Alas, for the Kings, it’s a match up against the biggest star to spurn them this summer.
Oct 20, 2010, 11:31 PM EDT
On paper, adding Ilya Kovalchuk to the Los Angeles Kings seemed like a no-brainer. I still remember the general consensus: sure, it might make it tougher to retain the team’s second-tier young players (Drew Doughty wasn’t – and isn’t – going anywhere) but sometimes you have to break a few prospect eggs to make a…
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)