Western Conference playoff bubble
Apr 4, 2012, 8:28 PM EST
Los Angeles still needs to punch its own ticket to the postseason, though.
Apr 3, 2012, 11:39 PM EST
Two big regulation matches swing teams’ fates.
Apr 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
He’s upbeat about the Kings’ road trip overall, though.
Mar 31, 2012, 12:41 AM EST
Yup, pretty ridiculous.
Mar 29, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
… And not just material for a great matchup for the Chicago Blackhawks.
Mar 29, 2012, 1:37 AM EST
The golden rule: don’t condemn or praise any of the contenders from the Pacific too much.
Mar 27, 2012, 1:40 AM EST
Tonight’s playoff update.
Mar 21, 2012, 1:29 AM EST
All the playoff contenders got at least one point except the struggling Sharks.
Mar 20, 2012, 12:55 AM EST
Can San Jose navigate a schedule with no give?
Mar 14, 2012, 2:07 AM EST
The bubble teams advanced their causes on a busy Tuesday
Mar 13, 2012, 1:52 AM EST
Sharks, Avs and Coyotes got the full two, though.
Mar 6, 2012, 1:06 AM EST
Milestone nights for Perry, Selanne.
Feb 24, 2012, 11:48 PM EST
No Jamie Benn? No problem, apparently.
Feb 24, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Share your side of the story and vote.
Feb 23, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Calgary looks like a serious threat to steal the eighth spot from Los Angeles.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:02 PM EST
Can Bruce Boudreau’s bunch complete an unlikely run after reaching the .500 mark tonight?
Feb 10, 2012, 12:52 AM EST
PHT runs down how the West’s bubble teams fared on a busy Thursday.
Apr 10, 2011, 3:56 AM EST
After plenty of big games, the Blackhawks understand that this is genuinely their biggest contest of the season. Want to know how Chicago could possibly finish somewhere between fifth and ninth place? Read this post.
Apr 7, 2011, 2:17 AM EST
The Kings clinched a playoff spot, the Flames were officially eliminated and the West’s bottom two seed protected themselves in a busy night in the competitive conference.
Apr 5, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
The Predators can clinch a playoff spot along with the idle Coyotes and Kings, while the Blackhawks and Stars face some gut-check games in the Western Conference tonight.
Apr 3, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
The Ducks could clinch a playoff spot for themselves (plus the Kings and Coyotes) if they can beat the desperate Stars. Meanwhile, the Flames fight for their playoff lives while the Red Wings and Blackhawks try to improve their situations.
Apr 3, 2011, 1:34 AM EST
The Red Wings clinched a playoff spot thanks to an OT comeback with against the Predators, the Sharks beat the Ducks, the Kings defeated the Stars and the Wild were officially eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Read the recaps in this post.
Apr 1, 2011, 4:24 PM EST
The Flames play a must-win, the Blackhawks have a huge game and the Coyotes could earn some precious point tonight. Here’s a look at three games that will affect the West’s playoff picture on Friday.
Mar 29, 2011, 1:08 AM EST
Teemu Selanne scored a hat trick and two assists, factoring into all five of the Ducks’ goals as Anaheim jumped back into seventh place with a 5-4 win against the Avalanche.
Mar 28, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Marian Hossa’s overtime power play game-winner earned the Blackhawks a crucial win against the Red Wings. Read this post for a recap of the game, along with an updated look at the race for the West’s final playoff spots.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)