Western Conference playoff bubble
Apr 4, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
Los Angeles still needs to punch its own ticket to the postseason, though.
Apr 3, 2012, 11:39 PM EDT
Two big regulation matches swing teams’ fates.
Apr 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
He’s upbeat about the Kings’ road trip overall, though.
Mar 31, 2012, 12:41 AM EDT
Yup, pretty ridiculous.
Mar 29, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
… And not just material for a great matchup for the Chicago Blackhawks.
Mar 29, 2012, 1:37 AM EDT
The golden rule: don’t condemn or praise any of the contenders from the Pacific too much.
Mar 27, 2012, 1:40 AM EDT
Tonight’s playoff update.
Mar 21, 2012, 1:29 AM EDT
All the playoff contenders got at least one point except the struggling Sharks.
Mar 20, 2012, 12:55 AM EDT
Can San Jose navigate a schedule with no give?
Mar 14, 2012, 2:07 AM EDT
The bubble teams advanced their causes on a busy Tuesday
Mar 13, 2012, 1:52 AM EDT
Sharks, Avs and Coyotes got the full two, though.
Mar 6, 2012, 1:06 AM EDT
Milestone nights for Perry, Selanne.
Feb 24, 2012, 11:48 PM EDT
No Jamie Benn? No problem, apparently.
Feb 24, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Share your side of the story and vote.
Feb 23, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Calgary looks like a serious threat to steal the eighth spot from Los Angeles.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
Can Bruce Boudreau’s bunch complete an unlikely run after reaching the .500 mark tonight?
Feb 10, 2012, 12:52 AM EDT
PHT runs down how the West’s bubble teams fared on a busy Thursday.
Apr 10, 2011, 3:56 AM EDT
After plenty of big games, the Blackhawks understand that this is genuinely their biggest contest of the season. Want to know how Chicago could possibly finish somewhere between fifth and ninth place? Read this post.
Apr 7, 2011, 2:17 AM EDT
The Kings clinched a playoff spot, the Flames were officially eliminated and the West’s bottom two seed protected themselves in a busy night in the competitive conference.
Apr 5, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
The Predators can clinch a playoff spot along with the idle Coyotes and Kings, while the Blackhawks and Stars face some gut-check games in the Western Conference tonight.
Apr 3, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
The Ducks could clinch a playoff spot for themselves (plus the Kings and Coyotes) if they can beat the desperate Stars. Meanwhile, the Flames fight for their playoff lives while the Red Wings and Blackhawks try to improve their situations.
Apr 3, 2011, 1:34 AM EDT
The Red Wings clinched a playoff spot thanks to an OT comeback with against the Predators, the Sharks beat the Ducks, the Kings defeated the Stars and the Wild were officially eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Read the recaps in this post.
Apr 1, 2011, 4:24 PM EDT
The Flames play a must-win, the Blackhawks have a huge game and the Coyotes could earn some precious point tonight. Here’s a look at three games that will affect the West’s playoff picture on Friday.
Mar 29, 2011, 1:08 AM EDT
Teemu Selanne scored a hat trick and two assists, factoring into all five of the Ducks’ goals as Anaheim jumped back into seventh place with a 5-4 win against the Avalanche.
Mar 28, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Marian Hossa’s overtime power play game-winner earned the Blackhawks a crucial win against the Red Wings. Read this post for a recap of the game, along with an updated look at the race for the West’s final playoff spots.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 0
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 2
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 14
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 45
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)