Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
Perhaps taking a cue from NBA 2K11’s popular inclusion of Michael Jordan, it looks like EA Sports’ upcoming NHL ’12 will feature legends such as Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe and more.
Jul 25, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
It might seem unfair to compare 15-year-old prospect Nathan MacKinnon to Sidney Crosby, but he’s clearly following in some of Crosby’s footsteps.
Jul 21, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
The Great One’s son takes the next step in his baseball career as he shuns San Diego State to sign with the Chicago Cubs.
Jun 8, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
The Chicago Cubs made Trevor Gretzky – son of NHL legend Wayne – their seventh round pick in the MLB Draft.
May 27, 2011, 9:28 PM EST
On the 18th anniversary of a missed high sticking penalty from Wayne Gretzky on Doug Gilmour, retired NHL official Kerry Fraser discusses that missed call.
May 1, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
Wayne Gretzky’s rookie card was auctioned off for $94,163, a record for a modern hockey card.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:34 PM EST
Penguins co-owner and former star Mario Lemieux was not shy about expressing his dissatisfaction regarding the way the NHL handled the Islanders-Penguins fallout.
Feb 7, 2011, 11:33 PM EST
Check out this video, which celebrates the 135th anniversary of the first mention of a hockey puck.
Jan 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Jeremy Roenick said that Sidney Crosby is “way more talented” than Wayne Gretzky was as he chatted on a radio show this weekend.
Jan 26, 2011, 11:59 PM EST
This week in Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick he explains why Tim Gleason was in the clear for his knockout of Nikolai Kulemin, what Marc Savard should do, and his thoughts on Wayne Gretzky as he turns 50.
Jan 26, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
As Wayne Gretzky turns 50, we celebrate his career with some of our favorite video clips featuring “The Great One.”
Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
NHL Network will begin their Film Fest next week with the great Wayne Gretzky trade documentary “King’s Ransom.”
Jan 26, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Wayne Gretzky turns 50 years-old today. Aside from making us all feel a little bit older ourselves, we look back at the career of “The Great One” and how the number 50 is an integral part of his lore.
Jan 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Let’s celebrate Mark Messier’s 50th birthday with a look back at his great career.
Nov 23, 2010, 11:23 PM EST
Wayne Gretzky loves Steve Stamkos’ game and his work ethic, but “The Great One” thinks it’s a little early for 50 goal in 50 game discussions.
Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 PM EST
When it comes down to it, there are plenty of people to blame for the Devils’ second worst start in franchise history. If you really want one scapegoat badly, though, look no further than venerable GM Lou Lamoriello.
Oct 21, 2010, 5:10 PM EST
Here are two overseas hockey items via ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, from Switzerland and Russia. Honestly, I hadn’t really heard these rumors, but there were some whispers about former Phoenix Coyotes coach (and, oh yeah, possibly the greatest hockey player ever) Wayne Gretzky coaching in Russia for SKA St. Petersburg. Despite being friends with SKA chairman…
Oct 18, 2010, 8:59 PM EST
If you were to construct the ultimate video game scoring line, it might just involve Alex Ovechkin, Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. Lemieux and Gretzky were Ovechkin’s two choices for dream linemates when prompted by an ESPN reader’s questions as the Washington Capitals superstar did a little Q & A with the network’s resident puckhead…
Oct 12, 2010, 8:39 PM EST
While we’ve seen our host of hockey legacies through time with Gordie Howe and his sons as well with virtually the entire Sutter clan, following in the footsteps of your father who’s regarded as the greatest player of all time has to be especially daunting. That’s why when Wayne Gretzky’s son Trevor made his choice…
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)