May 1, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Wayne Gretzky’s rookie card was auctioned off for $94,163, a record for a modern hockey card.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
Penguins co-owner and former star Mario Lemieux was not shy about expressing his dissatisfaction regarding the way the NHL handled the Islanders-Penguins fallout.
Feb 7, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
Check out this video, which celebrates the 135th anniversary of the first mention of a hockey puck.
Jan 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Jeremy Roenick said that Sidney Crosby is “way more talented” than Wayne Gretzky was as he chatted on a radio show this weekend.
Jan 26, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
This week in Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick he explains why Tim Gleason was in the clear for his knockout of Nikolai Kulemin, what Marc Savard should do, and his thoughts on Wayne Gretzky as he turns 50.
Jan 26, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
As Wayne Gretzky turns 50, we celebrate his career with some of our favorite video clips featuring “The Great One.”
Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
NHL Network will begin their Film Fest next week with the great Wayne Gretzky trade documentary “King’s Ransom.”
Jan 26, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Wayne Gretzky turns 50 years-old today. Aside from making us all feel a little bit older ourselves, we look back at the career of “The Great One” and how the number 50 is an integral part of his lore.
Jan 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Let’s celebrate Mark Messier’s 50th birthday with a look back at his great career.
Nov 23, 2010, 11:23 PM EDT
Wayne Gretzky loves Steve Stamkos’ game and his work ethic, but “The Great One” thinks it’s a little early for 50 goal in 50 game discussions.
Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 PM EDT
When it comes down to it, there are plenty of people to blame for the Devils’ second worst start in franchise history. If you really want one scapegoat badly, though, look no further than venerable GM Lou Lamoriello.
Oct 21, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Here are two overseas hockey items via ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, from Switzerland and Russia. Honestly, I hadn’t really heard these rumors, but there were some whispers about former Phoenix Coyotes coach (and, oh yeah, possibly the greatest hockey player ever) Wayne Gretzky coaching in Russia for SKA St. Petersburg. Despite being friends with SKA chairman…
Oct 18, 2010, 8:59 PM EDT
If you were to construct the ultimate video game scoring line, it might just involve Alex Ovechkin, Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. Lemieux and Gretzky were Ovechkin’s two choices for dream linemates when prompted by an ESPN reader’s questions as the Washington Capitals superstar did a little Q & A with the network’s resident puckhead…
Oct 12, 2010, 8:39 PM EDT
While we’ve seen our host of hockey legacies through time with Gordie Howe and his sons as well with virtually the entire Sutter clan, following in the footsteps of your father who’s regarded as the greatest player of all time has to be especially daunting. That’s why when Wayne Gretzky’s son Trevor made his choice…
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)