Feb 7, 2011, 11:33 PM EST
Check out this video, which celebrates the 135th anniversary of the first mention of a hockey puck.
Jan 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Jeremy Roenick said that Sidney Crosby is “way more talented” than Wayne Gretzky was as he chatted on a radio show this weekend.
Jan 26, 2011, 11:59 PM EST
This week in Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick he explains why Tim Gleason was in the clear for his knockout of Nikolai Kulemin, what Marc Savard should do, and his thoughts on Wayne Gretzky as he turns 50.
Jan 26, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
As Wayne Gretzky turns 50, we celebrate his career with some of our favorite video clips featuring “The Great One.”
Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
NHL Network will begin their Film Fest next week with the great Wayne Gretzky trade documentary “King’s Ransom.”
Jan 26, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Wayne Gretzky turns 50 years-old today. Aside from making us all feel a little bit older ourselves, we look back at the career of “The Great One” and how the number 50 is an integral part of his lore.
Jan 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Let’s celebrate Mark Messier’s 50th birthday with a look back at his great career.
Nov 23, 2010, 11:23 PM EST
Wayne Gretzky loves Steve Stamkos’ game and his work ethic, but “The Great One” thinks it’s a little early for 50 goal in 50 game discussions.
Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 PM EST
When it comes down to it, there are plenty of people to blame for the Devils’ second worst start in franchise history. If you really want one scapegoat badly, though, look no further than venerable GM Lou Lamoriello.
Oct 21, 2010, 5:10 PM EST
Here are two overseas hockey items via ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, from Switzerland and Russia. Honestly, I hadn’t really heard these rumors, but there were some whispers about former Phoenix Coyotes coach (and, oh yeah, possibly the greatest hockey player ever) Wayne Gretzky coaching in Russia for SKA St. Petersburg. Despite being friends with SKA chairman…
Oct 18, 2010, 8:59 PM EST
If you were to construct the ultimate video game scoring line, it might just involve Alex Ovechkin, Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. Lemieux and Gretzky were Ovechkin’s two choices for dream linemates when prompted by an ESPN reader’s questions as the Washington Capitals superstar did a little Q & A with the network’s resident puckhead…
Oct 12, 2010, 8:39 PM EST
While we’ve seen our host of hockey legacies through time with Gordie Howe and his sons as well with virtually the entire Sutter clan, following in the footsteps of your father who’s regarded as the greatest player of all time has to be especially daunting. That’s why when Wayne Gretzky’s son Trevor made his choice…
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)