Dec 6, 2011, 9:23 AM EDT
Now that they’ve decided to go with four conferences for realignment, just what are they going to name these things?
Nov 30, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
To the continued dismay of Wayne, we can only assume.
Nov 29, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Wayne Gretzky had just about enough of that.
Nov 25, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
The Winter Classic alumni game will feature a load of former stars for the Flyers and Rangers, but there’s a few notable omissions.
Nov 22, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
Or at the very least, come to some sort of financial arrangement.
Nov 22, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
If CSNPhilly’s John Boruk is right, Wayne Gretzky won’t be in the 2012 Winter Classic alumni game and he’s got a curious reason why.
Nov 19, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
But didn’t you say the exact opposite on Thursday?
Nov 17, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
“Yes, I’ve been approached by multiple firms considering the purchase of MLSE.”
Nov 11, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
A phone call from Glen Sather has No. 99 “thinking about it.”
Nov 7, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Wondering who’s dominating the scoring lead this year? Think young. Wonder who made save of the night? Think really old. That and more in our Morning Skate.
Nov 1, 2011, 7:02 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr gets reacquainted with his own peanut butter. All that and more with the Stars bankruptcy situation and more in PHT’s Morning Skate.
Oct 28, 2011, 10:55 AM EDT
Consider our dreams crushed. Wayne Gretzky says he won’t be participating in the Winter Classic alumni game.
Oct 26, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
While the Flyers are going all out for their team in the Alumni Game at the Winter Classic, the Rangers could make it a must-see game with the addition of The Great One.
Oct 21, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
New interview reveals the Great One has been pursued for several front office jobs.
Oct 21, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Hey Tampa, where are those Tesla coils we were promised? That plus a hugfest between Colton Orr and Shawn Thorning in today’s Morning Skate.
Oct 12, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Like many other people in the hockey world, Jeremy Roenick is tired of all the Sidney Crosby concussion updates.
Sep 16, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
Kyle Turris wants a lot of money from the Phoenix Coyotes and Coyotes GM Don Maloney doesn’t understand where he’s coming from.
Sep 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
PHT readers think that the Kings made the best move by making their alternate jerseys their full-time look. In fact, they think that those Gretzky-era inspired duds are even better than the ones Wayne Gretzky wore in the early 90’s.
Aug 30, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Kings completed their gradual change from their purple-themed look to the Gretzky era-inspired black, silver and white alternate uniforms today. Let us know how you feel about those changes in the poll and comments.
Aug 17, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Steve Yzerman, Patrick Roy, Borje Salming and Jeremy Roenick join Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios and Wayne Gretzky on the list of legends who will appear in NHL 12. While many of us wonder which two (or more) legends will round out that group, some are complaining about the “little things” like the equipment those players used.
Aug 12, 2011, 7:44 PM EDT
Wondering what Wayne Gretzky is up to these days? How about playing the part of agent for his son Trevor who’s signed on with the Chicago Cubs.
Aug 10, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
It’s easy to pick out the best sweater from the Kings past, but is their worst just as easy to figure out? Why yes… It is.
Aug 10, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
The Oilers are another team that’s going back to a classic look after getting lost in their own world of trying to do things different and make a few extra bucks.
Aug 9, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
Plenty has been made of what the trade meant for Sunbelt hockey, the Edmonton Oilers, and Canadian hockey as a whole. But sometimes the immeasurable impact Gretzky’s trade had on the local Southern California market gets lost in the mix.
Aug 8, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ look over the years has been pretty constant aside from some major hiccups in the mid-90s. Major hiccups that only…Mike Keenan could cure? Yikes.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 4
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 9
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 33
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)