May 7, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
All the same, the Washington Capitals are one game away from elimination.
May 7, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
His tying goal sent Game 5 to overtime.
May 7, 2012, 10:58 PM EDT
His double-minor resulted in two heart-breaking Rangers goals.
May 7, 2012, 10:31 PM EDT
The New York Rangers have taken a 3-2 series lead.
May 7, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
No point in just firing away and hoping for the best.
May 7, 2012, 1:11 PM EDT
“Once he starts feeling a lot more like he’s part of the NHL, I think some of that stuff will filter or phase out.”
May 7, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
From his Capitals teammates, mind you.
May 7, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
After potentially getting away with a shot on Dan Girardi, The Great 8 has to watch himself.
May 7, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Sometimes the best trade is the one you don’t make. That and more in the Morning Skate.
May 5, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Although Laviolette says don’t “hang your hat” on those changes.
May 5, 2012, 7:21 PM EDT
Nothing official, but a lot of rumblings.
May 5, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin is again getting a lot of attention only this time around it’s not for the goal he scored in Game 4, but for the controversial hit he put on Dan Girardi instead. Ovechkin caught Girardi with a hit through the zone in which he left his feet to deliver a blow that at…
May 5, 2012, 4:43 PM EDT
He says his hit is unacceptable as a repeat offender.
May 5, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Should there be a suspension coming or is it just a tough hockey play?
May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
Goals from Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Green all help Washington secure a 3-2 victory in Game 4.
May 5, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
The Caps are 1-10 with the man advantage in the series.
May 5, 2012, 9:05 AM EDT
Imagine waking up and thinking your season was over. Sounds more like a nightmare. That and more in the Morning Skate.
May 5, 2012, 12:30 AM EDT
Rangers have a 2-1 series lead.
May 5, 2012, 12:05 AM EDT
Braden Holtby will try to avoid losing back-to-back games for the first time in the 2012 playoffs.
May 4, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
For Brian Elliott in particular.
May 4, 2012, 12:58 AM EDT
For those not in the know … and Ken Hitchcock?
May 3, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Game 3 of the Capitals-Rangers series was one of the longest contests in NHL history.
May 3, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
“The mental toughness, the resiliency and the calmness — it’s been impressive to watch.”
May 3, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
Former Caps coach believes in being true to oneself.
May 3, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
“It was the cat.”
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)