Dec 6, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
Another strange chapter is written.
Dec 6, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
If there’s one team that stands out as a huge loser in realignment, it’s the Carolina Hurricanes.
Dec 6, 2011, 10:36 AM EDT
Maybe things are turning around for the Capitals.
Dec 6, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is starting to sound like Peter Finch in the movie “Network” these days. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 5, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
No Semin or Hamrlik tonight for the Capitals.
Dec 5, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Washington’s struggling forward will be a game-time decision.
Dec 5, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
Misses a chance to beat his former club.
Dec 5, 2011, 12:09 PM EDT
Dec 5, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
Tomas Vokoun owns his part in getting Bruce Boudreau fired too.
Dec 4, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Guess it’s not a secret anymore.
Dec 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Turns out that Alexander Semin will be out of action tonight… Thanks to an injury.
Dec 3, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
Dale Hunter might be new in Washington, but how he’s handling Alexander Semin looks awfully familiar.
Three (News) Stars of the Week: Bobby on the block…then not, Paulina says bye…then hi, Bruce is fired…then hired
Dec 2, 2011, 6:50 PM EDT
Thanks for the page views, news stars.
Dec 2, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
“Your top players make your team go, and you’ve got to make sure your top players are on your side.”
Dec 2, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Soon, he will replace Ted as the best Nugent on the planet.
Dec 2, 2011, 10:24 AM EDT
John Carlson gets away with giving Matt Cooke a taste of his own medicine.
Dec 2, 2011, 7:42 AM EDT
Patrick Kane is returning to a more familiar situation soon enough. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 2, 2011, 12:12 AM EDT
The Caps fall again in an eventful loss to the Penguins… an eventful game that had nothing to do with Crosby or Ovechkin. When was the last time that happened?
Dec 1, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
It didn’t take much time for John Erskine to make Arron Asham pay for his actions from the last time the Pens/Caps faced off. Check out the video of the fists of fury…
Dec 1, 2011, 6:40 PM EDT
That could hurt ticket sales.
Hunter raises eyebrows by scratching Hamrlik (healthy scratch, that is…he’s not literally scratching him, though that would also raise eyebrows)
Dec 1, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
So much for the “let’s cut down our wordy titles” movement.
Dec 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
“What happens, happens. Not going to let it affect my game.”
Dec 1, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Got lost in the shuffle there a lil’ bit.
Dec 1, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Where have we heard that before?
Dec 1, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Lists are fun.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)