war of words
Apr 17, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Lucic: “I don’t even know what to say to show that I’m not a crybaby.”
Oct 14, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin’s complaints about Arron Asham after last night’s Pens-Caps game aren’t sitting too well with Asham… To say the least.
Jun 12, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
Ho hum, another day another memorable quote from a goalie in the Stanley Cup finals discussing the opposing goalie. This time Tim Thomas gets his say.
Jun 11, 2011, 1:03 AM EDT
Roberto Luongo played great in Game 5 earning a shutout. He also said he would’ve stopped the lone goal that beat Tim Thomas to give Vancouver the win.
May 5, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
Instead of lashing out about officiating with fire and brimstone-like words, Predators coach Barry Trotz is going about it differently with kindness and compliments.
Apr 29, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
Guy Boucher decided to point out some of the more obvious things today before his team takes on the Capitals tonight. It might be the little touch of savvy that makes it work out the best for him.
Apr 21, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
As we’re finding out, only half the battles in the playoffs are fought on the ice, the others are fought in the press. Today’s fun is between Sabres coach Lindy Ruff and Flyers captain Mike Richards.
Apr 20, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
While they haven’t battled each other with fists on the ice, Kevin Bieksa and John Scott are more than happy to battle each other with words off of it.
Apr 19, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
When Bruce Boudreau said that he thought the Rangers were targeting Mike Green’s head, Rangers coach John Tortorella fired back today saying the Caps should quit being such big babies about it.
Nov 22, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Is there a chance we’ll see Philadelphia’s Mike Richards and Montreal’s P.K. Subban have a war of words and fists tonight in Philadelphia? If you’re a fan of blood wars on ice, you might want to fulfill your blood lust somewhere else. In case you’ve forgotten what happened last week, after the Canadiens beat the…
Nov 1, 2010, 3:57 PM EDT
The enforcers community in the NHL is generally one built upon respect for other enforcers since they know how hard one another’s job is in the league. After all, playing the role of public defender of your teammates on the ice and designated brawler with other enforcers is a tough job despite not logging a…
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 32
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)