war of words
Apr 17, 2012, 9:52 AM EST
Lucic: “I don’t even know what to say to show that I’m not a crybaby.”
Oct 14, 2011, 6:20 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin’s complaints about Arron Asham after last night’s Pens-Caps game aren’t sitting too well with Asham… To say the least.
Jun 12, 2011, 3:14 PM EST
Ho hum, another day another memorable quote from a goalie in the Stanley Cup finals discussing the opposing goalie. This time Tim Thomas gets his say.
Jun 11, 2011, 1:03 AM EST
Roberto Luongo played great in Game 5 earning a shutout. He also said he would’ve stopped the lone goal that beat Tim Thomas to give Vancouver the win.
May 5, 2011, 9:45 AM EST
Instead of lashing out about officiating with fire and brimstone-like words, Predators coach Barry Trotz is going about it differently with kindness and compliments.
Apr 29, 2011, 5:29 PM EST
Guy Boucher decided to point out some of the more obvious things today before his team takes on the Capitals tonight. It might be the little touch of savvy that makes it work out the best for him.
Apr 21, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
As we’re finding out, only half the battles in the playoffs are fought on the ice, the others are fought in the press. Today’s fun is between Sabres coach Lindy Ruff and Flyers captain Mike Richards.
Apr 20, 2011, 9:04 PM EST
While they haven’t battled each other with fists on the ice, Kevin Bieksa and John Scott are more than happy to battle each other with words off of it.
Apr 19, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
When Bruce Boudreau said that he thought the Rangers were targeting Mike Green’s head, Rangers coach John Tortorella fired back today saying the Caps should quit being such big babies about it.
Nov 22, 2010, 7:01 PM EST
Is there a chance we’ll see Philadelphia’s Mike Richards and Montreal’s P.K. Subban have a war of words and fists tonight in Philadelphia? If you’re a fan of blood wars on ice, you might want to fulfill your blood lust somewhere else. In case you’ve forgotten what happened last week, after the Canadiens beat the…
Nov 1, 2010, 3:57 PM EST
The enforcers community in the NHL is generally one built upon respect for other enforcers since they know how hard one another’s job is in the league. After all, playing the role of public defender of your teammates on the ice and designated brawler with other enforcers is a tough job despite not logging a…
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 48
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)