Feb 2, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has put goalie Mike Smith on waivers. Is this a chance for the Islanders to clean up their issue with Evgeni Nabokov?
Jan 28, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
The Flyers received the cap space they desired and kept a potentially useful depth player after Matt Walker cleared re-entry waivers today.
Jan 27, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
The Flames placed Ales Kotalik and his $3 million on waivers today.
Jan 21, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
If you cooked up a possible theory for how the Red Wings could still get Evgeni Nabokov if he’s claimed on waivers, you’d better eliminate the Devils from your flowchart.
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 6, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Not long after Mike Commodore requested a trade, the Blue Jackets decided to waive him.
Jan 3, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
How do you thank a goalie for taking you to the Stanley Cup finals just last season? You waive him, of course.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Devils are preparing to place Brian Rolston on re-entry waivers, in hopes that another team will relieve them of half of his salary and cap hit.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
He might need to clear waivers first, but the injury-depleted Blues announced that they signed former Avs forward Marek Svatos to a one-year deal today.
Nov 25, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
The Coyotes have put Petr Prucha on waivers. Could he get a chance elsewhere or has he reached the end of the road?
Nov 23, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
Patrick O’Sullivan is hoping that going back to the team that originally drafted him will be able to spark his career.
Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Waive wire news: Carolina might trade Patrick O’Sullivan if he clears, while Anaheim waived Ryan Carter and Philadelphia did the same with Michael Ryan.
Nov 9, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Checking in on what happened with Canadiens forward Dustin Boyd and Bruins enforcer Brian McGrattan who were both waived yesterday by their teams, it appears that no one took a flier on them as they’ve each cleared waivers. Boyd won’t be heading to AHL Hamilton right now but the team has the option to do…
Nov 8, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens placed marginal winger Dustin Boyd on waivers today.
Nov 8, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins placed enforcer Brian McGrattan on waivers today.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 14
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)