Feb 2, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has put goalie Mike Smith on waivers. Is this a chance for the Islanders to clean up their issue with Evgeni Nabokov?
Jan 28, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
The Flyers received the cap space they desired and kept a potentially useful depth player after Matt Walker cleared re-entry waivers today.
Jan 27, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
The Flames placed Ales Kotalik and his $3 million on waivers today.
Jan 21, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
If you cooked up a possible theory for how the Red Wings could still get Evgeni Nabokov if he’s claimed on waivers, you’d better eliminate the Devils from your flowchart.
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 6, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Not long after Mike Commodore requested a trade, the Blue Jackets decided to waive him.
Jan 3, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
How do you thank a goalie for taking you to the Stanley Cup finals just last season? You waive him, of course.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Devils are preparing to place Brian Rolston on re-entry waivers, in hopes that another team will relieve them of half of his salary and cap hit.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
He might need to clear waivers first, but the injury-depleted Blues announced that they signed former Avs forward Marek Svatos to a one-year deal today.
Nov 25, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
The Coyotes have put Petr Prucha on waivers. Could he get a chance elsewhere or has he reached the end of the road?
Nov 23, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
Patrick O’Sullivan is hoping that going back to the team that originally drafted him will be able to spark his career.
Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Waive wire news: Carolina might trade Patrick O’Sullivan if he clears, while Anaheim waived Ryan Carter and Philadelphia did the same with Michael Ryan.
Nov 9, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Checking in on what happened with Canadiens forward Dustin Boyd and Bruins enforcer Brian McGrattan who were both waived yesterday by their teams, it appears that no one took a flier on them as they’ve each cleared waivers. Boyd won’t be heading to AHL Hamilton right now but the team has the option to do…
Nov 8, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens placed marginal winger Dustin Boyd on waivers today.
Nov 8, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins placed enforcer Brian McGrattan on waivers today.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)