Feb 2, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has put goalie Mike Smith on waivers. Is this a chance for the Islanders to clean up their issue with Evgeni Nabokov?
Jan 28, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
The Flyers received the cap space they desired and kept a potentially useful depth player after Matt Walker cleared re-entry waivers today.
Jan 27, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
The Flames placed Ales Kotalik and his $3 million on waivers today.
Jan 21, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
If you cooked up a possible theory for how the Red Wings could still get Evgeni Nabokov if he’s claimed on waivers, you’d better eliminate the Devils from your flowchart.
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 6, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Not long after Mike Commodore requested a trade, the Blue Jackets decided to waive him.
Jan 3, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
How do you thank a goalie for taking you to the Stanley Cup finals just last season? You waive him, of course.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Devils are preparing to place Brian Rolston on re-entry waivers, in hopes that another team will relieve them of half of his salary and cap hit.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
He might need to clear waivers first, but the injury-depleted Blues announced that they signed former Avs forward Marek Svatos to a one-year deal today.
Nov 25, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
The Coyotes have put Petr Prucha on waivers. Could he get a chance elsewhere or has he reached the end of the road?
Nov 23, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
Patrick O’Sullivan is hoping that going back to the team that originally drafted him will be able to spark his career.
Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Waive wire news: Carolina might trade Patrick O’Sullivan if he clears, while Anaheim waived Ryan Carter and Philadelphia did the same with Michael Ryan.
Nov 9, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Checking in on what happened with Canadiens forward Dustin Boyd and Bruins enforcer Brian McGrattan who were both waived yesterday by their teams, it appears that no one took a flier on them as they’ve each cleared waivers. Boyd won’t be heading to AHL Hamilton right now but the team has the option to do…
Nov 8, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens placed marginal winger Dustin Boyd on waivers today.
Nov 8, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins placed enforcer Brian McGrattan on waivers today.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)