Mar 21, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Mar 12, 2012, 4:25 PM EST
Darren Dreger reports that the NHLPA will bypass waivers for the wild card.
Feb 25, 2012, 2:04 PM EST
Teams are jockeying rosters ahead of the trade deadline.
Jan 25, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Niittymaki has not played in a game yet this season.
Jan 14, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
Adding another grinder probably won’t do much to help Columbus win games.
Dec 30, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
Not a big surprise considering his permanent residence in John Tortorella’s doghouse.
Dec 10, 2011, 10:55 AM EST
Ethan Moreau’s run in L.A. was… Not very memorable. Nor was it any good.
Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Andreas Nodl has a new home in Carolina where he should fit in just fine.
Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
What happens when you lose a third line center to injury? You grab someone else’s fourth line center to replace him apparently.
Oct 6, 2011, 11:34 AM EST
After an ugly accident on an icing race with Edmonton’s Taylor Fedun, Eric Nystrom sees things get worse as the Wild place him on waivers.
Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Today’s waiver wire fun sees Sean Avery going unclaimed and Blair Betts being plucked by the Canadiens after being waived by Philadelphia.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:14 PM EST
The Rangers choice to waive Sean Avery could very well help screw up the Dallas Stars’ salary cap situation. How? The Stars might be off the hook in a special way if Avery is demoted.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EST
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Sep 29, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
With Scott Clemmensen out to start the season in Florida, the Panthers backup goalie job came down to Jacob Markstrom and Tyler Plante. and the winner is…
Sep 28, 2011, 9:01 PM EST
Sean Avery has always walked the line between pest and troublemaker. But now is he walking the line between the NHL and a trip to the AHL?
Sep 28, 2011, 4:21 PM EST
Tom Sestito’s 24th birthday will be one to forget: the Flyers put him on waivers while the NHL suspended him for the rest of the preseason and two regular season games.
Sep 24, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
40 players were placed on waivers today and amongst them were a pair of Buffalo Sabres that will help the team get under the salary cap.
Aug 8, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
To the surprise of just about no one, Brett Lebda cleared waivers today.
Aug 1, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
Lou Lamoriello is making sure the Devils won’t have cap issues again this year as they’re waiving newly acquired Trent Hunter and long time Devils defenseman Colin White to buy them out.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Tom Poti is working hard to fully recover from his groin injury before Caps’ training camp starts in September. But does Washington want him back? Better yet, can they afford him?
Jun 30, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Three big defenseman were put on waivers today to be bought out of their current deals when they clear. Is this the slight lift the free agent market needs to be more interesting?
Jun 28, 2011, 2:02 PM EST
The Wild put struggling defenseman Cam Barker on waivers today, the first part of the process that might end with a buyout.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
Tons of action going on with the waiver wire leading up to the trade deadline. We’ve got the guys who are on and off it today.
Feb 7, 2011, 11:11 AM EST
Ray Emery has found a new NHL home after coming back from hip problems and he’ll call Orange County, California home just so long as he isn’t claimed on waivers.
Feb 3, 2011, 6:01 PM EST
Tampa Bay’s Mike Smith has cleared waivers and is off to the AHL next. An inglorious fall for the former Lightning starting goalie.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)