Mar 21, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Mar 12, 2012, 4:25 PM EDT
Darren Dreger reports that the NHLPA will bypass waivers for the wild card.
Feb 25, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
Teams are jockeying rosters ahead of the trade deadline.
Jan 25, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Niittymaki has not played in a game yet this season.
Jan 14, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Adding another grinder probably won’t do much to help Columbus win games.
Dec 30, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Not a big surprise considering his permanent residence in John Tortorella’s doghouse.
Dec 10, 2011, 10:55 AM EDT
Ethan Moreau’s run in L.A. was… Not very memorable. Nor was it any good.
Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Andreas Nodl has a new home in Carolina where he should fit in just fine.
Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
What happens when you lose a third line center to injury? You grab someone else’s fourth line center to replace him apparently.
Oct 6, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
After an ugly accident on an icing race with Edmonton’s Taylor Fedun, Eric Nystrom sees things get worse as the Wild place him on waivers.
Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Today’s waiver wire fun sees Sean Avery going unclaimed and Blair Betts being plucked by the Canadiens after being waived by Philadelphia.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
The Rangers choice to waive Sean Avery could very well help screw up the Dallas Stars’ salary cap situation. How? The Stars might be off the hook in a special way if Avery is demoted.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Sep 29, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
With Scott Clemmensen out to start the season in Florida, the Panthers backup goalie job came down to Jacob Markstrom and Tyler Plante. and the winner is…
Sep 28, 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
Sean Avery has always walked the line between pest and troublemaker. But now is he walking the line between the NHL and a trip to the AHL?
Sep 28, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
Tom Sestito’s 24th birthday will be one to forget: the Flyers put him on waivers while the NHL suspended him for the rest of the preseason and two regular season games.
Sep 24, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
40 players were placed on waivers today and amongst them were a pair of Buffalo Sabres that will help the team get under the salary cap.
Aug 8, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
To the surprise of just about no one, Brett Lebda cleared waivers today.
Aug 1, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
Lou Lamoriello is making sure the Devils won’t have cap issues again this year as they’re waiving newly acquired Trent Hunter and long time Devils defenseman Colin White to buy them out.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Tom Poti is working hard to fully recover from his groin injury before Caps’ training camp starts in September. But does Washington want him back? Better yet, can they afford him?
Jun 30, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Three big defenseman were put on waivers today to be bought out of their current deals when they clear. Is this the slight lift the free agent market needs to be more interesting?
Jun 28, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
The Wild put struggling defenseman Cam Barker on waivers today, the first part of the process that might end with a buyout.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Tons of action going on with the waiver wire leading up to the trade deadline. We’ve got the guys who are on and off it today.
Feb 7, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
Ray Emery has found a new NHL home after coming back from hip problems and he’ll call Orange County, California home just so long as he isn’t claimed on waivers.
Feb 3, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
Tampa Bay’s Mike Smith has cleared waivers and is off to the AHL next. An inglorious fall for the former Lightning starting goalie.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)