Nov 25, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Blake Comeau will look to get his season turned around in Calgary where the Flames could use some of the same.
Oct 6, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
The Rangers used waivers to grab a defenseman to help battle Marc Staal’s absence. Meanwhile, Winnipeg stole a player from the Coyotes. Wait, what?
Evgeni Nabokov is willing to attend Islanders training camp, sets ‘record straight’ about last season
Aug 1, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov says that he’s willing to attend Islanders training camp (if they don’t trade him first). The netminder also ‘set the record straight’ about his polarizing decision not to report to the team when the Isles claimed him on waivers last season.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Curtis McElhinney, Rob Schremp and Brett Carson were claimed off of waivers while a handful of players including goalie Ty Conklin cleared waivers on this trade deadline Monday. Click “Read More” to find out the details.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Here are Saturday’s three waiver claims: the Capitals add Marco Sturm, the Blue Jackets acquire Craig Rivet and the Flyers claimed Nick Boynton. We’ll cover who was placed on waivers in the next post.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
It might make sense for the Islanders to claim Mike Smith off of the waiver wire, but the team seems like it will stick with Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro instead.
Jan 22, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
The Evgeni Nabokov soap opera continues, as his agent confirms that the Russian goalie will not report to the New York Islanders.
Jan 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
As many expected, the Red Wings weren’t able to nab Evgeni Nabokov as the Islanders claimed him today.
Jan 20, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
Rumors are circulating that the Red Wings are in contract talks with Evgeni Nabokov. Yet considering the waiver wire process, are they really just negotiating for another goalie-starved team?
Rick DiPietro injured again just two days after Isles trade Dwayne Roloson; time to claim Michael Leighton?
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Just two days after the Islanders traded away Dwayne Roloson, oft-injured goalie Rick DiPietro is injured once again. Does that mean that Michael Leighton might be on his way to Long Island?
Dec 15, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
Brian Rolston cleared waivers to the surprise of just about no one today, so he’ll suit up for the New Jersey Devils. We discuss “what’s next?” after the jump.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)