Nov 25, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Blake Comeau will look to get his season turned around in Calgary where the Flames could use some of the same.
Oct 6, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
The Rangers used waivers to grab a defenseman to help battle Marc Staal’s absence. Meanwhile, Winnipeg stole a player from the Coyotes. Wait, what?
Evgeni Nabokov is willing to attend Islanders training camp, sets ‘record straight’ about last season
Aug 1, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov says that he’s willing to attend Islanders training camp (if they don’t trade him first). The netminder also ‘set the record straight’ about his polarizing decision not to report to the team when the Isles claimed him on waivers last season.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Curtis McElhinney, Rob Schremp and Brett Carson were claimed off of waivers while a handful of players including goalie Ty Conklin cleared waivers on this trade deadline Monday. Click “Read More” to find out the details.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Here are Saturday’s three waiver claims: the Capitals add Marco Sturm, the Blue Jackets acquire Craig Rivet and the Flyers claimed Nick Boynton. We’ll cover who was placed on waivers in the next post.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
It might make sense for the Islanders to claim Mike Smith off of the waiver wire, but the team seems like it will stick with Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro instead.
Jan 22, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
The Evgeni Nabokov soap opera continues, as his agent confirms that the Russian goalie will not report to the New York Islanders.
Jan 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
As many expected, the Red Wings weren’t able to nab Evgeni Nabokov as the Islanders claimed him today.
Jan 20, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
Rumors are circulating that the Red Wings are in contract talks with Evgeni Nabokov. Yet considering the waiver wire process, are they really just negotiating for another goalie-starved team?
Rick DiPietro injured again just two days after Isles trade Dwayne Roloson; time to claim Michael Leighton?
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Just two days after the Islanders traded away Dwayne Roloson, oft-injured goalie Rick DiPietro is injured once again. Does that mean that Michael Leighton might be on his way to Long Island?
Dec 15, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
Brian Rolston cleared waivers to the surprise of just about no one today, so he’ll suit up for the New Jersey Devils. We discuss “what’s next?” after the jump.
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 15
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 46
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 21
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)