Nov 25, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Blake Comeau will look to get his season turned around in Calgary where the Flames could use some of the same.
Oct 6, 2011, 12:42 PM EST
The Rangers used waivers to grab a defenseman to help battle Marc Staal’s absence. Meanwhile, Winnipeg stole a player from the Coyotes. Wait, what?
Evgeni Nabokov is willing to attend Islanders training camp, sets ‘record straight’ about last season
Aug 1, 2011, 7:52 PM EST
Evgeni Nabokov says that he’s willing to attend Islanders training camp (if they don’t trade him first). The netminder also ‘set the record straight’ about his polarizing decision not to report to the team when the Isles claimed him on waivers last season.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
Curtis McElhinney, Rob Schremp and Brett Carson were claimed off of waivers while a handful of players including goalie Ty Conklin cleared waivers on this trade deadline Monday. Click “Read More” to find out the details.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
Here are Saturday’s three waiver claims: the Capitals add Marco Sturm, the Blue Jackets acquire Craig Rivet and the Flyers claimed Nick Boynton. We’ll cover who was placed on waivers in the next post.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 PM EST
It might make sense for the Islanders to claim Mike Smith off of the waiver wire, but the team seems like it will stick with Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro instead.
Jan 22, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
The Evgeni Nabokov soap opera continues, as his agent confirms that the Russian goalie will not report to the New York Islanders.
Jan 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
As many expected, the Red Wings weren’t able to nab Evgeni Nabokov as the Islanders claimed him today.
Jan 20, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
Rumors are circulating that the Red Wings are in contract talks with Evgeni Nabokov. Yet considering the waiver wire process, are they really just negotiating for another goalie-starved team?
Rick DiPietro injured again just two days after Isles trade Dwayne Roloson; time to claim Michael Leighton?
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
Just two days after the Islanders traded away Dwayne Roloson, oft-injured goalie Rick DiPietro is injured once again. Does that mean that Michael Leighton might be on his way to Long Island?
Dec 15, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Brian Rolston cleared waivers to the surprise of just about no one today, so he’ll suit up for the New Jersey Devils. We discuss “what’s next?” after the jump.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11