Dec 9, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
ITG is set to release a rather controversial card set, which even includes Wade Belak.
Sep 19, 2011, 1:37 AM EDT
CBC’s Battle of the Blades kicked off its third season with a tribute to Wade Belak, who was supposed to participate in the skating competition.
Sep 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
While the fighting debate continues to rage on, Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton is making it crystal clear that no one should be taking his job away.
Sep 7, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
After an unbelievably horrible year, hockey fans and players will grow stronger after so much tragedy and use the game to help start the healing process.
Sep 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
Wade Belak was laid to rest today in Nashville and while his friends and teammates gathered to talk warmly about him, Tie Domi spoke up about Belak’s struggle with depression.
Sep 4, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
You can put former Calgary Flames fighter Jim Peplinski down as one former player against fighting in the NHL.
Sep 4, 2011, 6:08 PM EDT
Wade Belak’s funeral was a private affair, but the general public is trying to make the best of a sad situation by generating donations to charity in honor of the fallen enforcer.
Sep 4, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Cam Janssen admits that depression is often a part of the stressful job of being an NHL enforcer.
Sep 3, 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
David Legwand took out a full-page ad to pay tribute to Wade Belak.
Sep 3, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With sudden death surrounding the world of NHL enforcers, the debate whether to keep fighting in the game is rightfully or wrongfully taking over discussion. Should fighting still be allowed in the NHL?
Sep 2, 2011, 11:15 PM EDT
While it’s yet unknown if Wade Belak did commit suicide, his mother Lorraine says he suffered quietly with depression.
Sep 2, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
As the hockey world continues to search for answers and solutions to the problems plaguing its players, Wade Belak’s funeral will take place in Nashville on Sunday.
Sep 1, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
As the hockey world copes with losing yet another one of its players, Wade Belak’s widow releases a public statement.
Sep 1, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
In the wake of one of the saddest and ugliest summers on record, the NHL and NHLPA are teaming up to take steps to figure out what they can do to help their players and avoid further tragedy.
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 31, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
As news continues to filter in about Wade Belak’s untimely passing, the hockey world shares thoughts of yet another man who’s left too soon.
Aug 31, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
The NHL’s nightmare summer continues as Wade Belak was found dead at age 35.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Tons of action going on with the waiver wire leading up to the trade deadline. We’ve got the guys who are on and off it today.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)