Jul 12, 2011, 1:37 AM EDT
EA Sports unveiled their “hat trick of innovations” for their upcoming NHL ’12 title recently. Watch video of those changes and check out our analysis of how those innovations might work in this post.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
In serious Red Wings news, the team announced two new assistant coaches: Jeff Blashill and Bill Peters. In not-so serious news, the pressure mounts for Mike Commodore to satisfy nostalgic video games by donning No. 64 in Detroit.
Jun 29, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
Todd Marchant retired after his 17th season in the NHL, leaving behind a legacy as an underrated defensive forward … and, at one point, a guy whose speed made him a borderline star in the world of video games.
Jun 22, 2011, 11:30 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos will be the cover star for NHL ’12, which must be a thrill for someone who was once a “big gamer.”
May 20, 2011, 12:57 AM EDT
It looks like EA Sports’ NHL ’12 hockey video game will include one much-awaited feature: the ability to play in The Winter Classic.
Oct 23, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
If real life played out like NHL ’11 or any number of hockey video games, this save might have made someone (definitely not me, though, because I’m super sophisticated and convincingly mature) throw a controller. That’s because skilled Columbus Blue Jackets forward Derick Brassard was all alone in front of rookie Calgary Flames goalie Henrik…
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 19
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 18
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 28
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)