Apr 25, 2012, 11:40 AM EST
Trophy pictured here with the reigning winner, Boston’s Tim Thomas.
Apr 25, 2012, 11:20 AM EST
The nominees ensure there’ll be a first-time winner this year.
Jul 4, 2011, 3:51 PM EST
With America on the brain during this holiday, we must ask: has there ever been a better time for U.S. born goaltenders?
Jun 22, 2011, 9:26 PM EST
Tim Thomas did something that no one has done since Bernie Parent in 1975 by winning the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe Trophy, and now the Vezina Trophy. As he reflected on this accomplishment, he might have given himself a new nickname: “The redneck of goaltending.”
Jun 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
The PHT staff makes a case for each of the three Vezina Trophy finalists.
May 31, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
After last year’s Stanley Cup Final, there were fans and pundits who claimed that goaltending wasn’t as important as it used to be. The Blackhawks thought Antti Niemi was replaceable after winning the Stanley Cup and the Philadelphia Flyers came within two games of a championship with a goaltender that ended up playing most of…
Apr 22, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
The NHL named the three finalists for the 2010-11 Vezina Trophy: Roberto Luongo, Pekka Rinne and Tim Thomas.
Jan 9, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
Yesterday, James shocked and amazed you with his selections for who should win the NHL awards at the halfway point. Today, Joe Yerdon gets to lay the truth as he sees it down.
Jan 8, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Expect some surprises in the first set of two mid-season trophy awards posts from the PHT staff.
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 3
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 6
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)