Apr 25, 2012, 11:40 AM EST
Trophy pictured here with the reigning winner, Boston’s Tim Thomas.
Apr 25, 2012, 11:20 AM EST
The nominees ensure there’ll be a first-time winner this year.
Jul 4, 2011, 3:51 PM EST
With America on the brain during this holiday, we must ask: has there ever been a better time for U.S. born goaltenders?
Jun 22, 2011, 9:26 PM EST
Tim Thomas did something that no one has done since Bernie Parent in 1975 by winning the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe Trophy, and now the Vezina Trophy. As he reflected on this accomplishment, he might have given himself a new nickname: “The redneck of goaltending.”
Jun 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
The PHT staff makes a case for each of the three Vezina Trophy finalists.
May 31, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
After last year’s Stanley Cup Final, there were fans and pundits who claimed that goaltending wasn’t as important as it used to be. The Blackhawks thought Antti Niemi was replaceable after winning the Stanley Cup and the Philadelphia Flyers came within two games of a championship with a goaltender that ended up playing most of…
Apr 22, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
The NHL named the three finalists for the 2010-11 Vezina Trophy: Roberto Luongo, Pekka Rinne and Tim Thomas.
Jan 9, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
Yesterday, James shocked and amazed you with his selections for who should win the NHL awards at the halfway point. Today, Joe Yerdon gets to lay the truth as he sees it down.
Jan 8, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Expect some surprises in the first set of two mid-season trophy awards posts from the PHT staff.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)