Apr 25, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Trophy pictured here with the reigning winner, Boston’s Tim Thomas.
Apr 25, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
The nominees ensure there’ll be a first-time winner this year.
Jul 4, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
With America on the brain during this holiday, we must ask: has there ever been a better time for U.S. born goaltenders?
Jun 22, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
Tim Thomas did something that no one has done since Bernie Parent in 1975 by winning the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe Trophy, and now the Vezina Trophy. As he reflected on this accomplishment, he might have given himself a new nickname: “The redneck of goaltending.”
Jun 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The PHT staff makes a case for each of the three Vezina Trophy finalists.
May 31, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
After last year’s Stanley Cup Final, there were fans and pundits who claimed that goaltending wasn’t as important as it used to be. The Blackhawks thought Antti Niemi was replaceable after winning the Stanley Cup and the Philadelphia Flyers came within two games of a championship with a goaltender that ended up playing most of…
Apr 22, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
The NHL named the three finalists for the 2010-11 Vezina Trophy: Roberto Luongo, Pekka Rinne and Tim Thomas.
Jan 9, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Yesterday, James shocked and amazed you with his selections for who should win the NHL awards at the halfway point. Today, Joe Yerdon gets to lay the truth as he sees it down.
Jan 8, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Expect some surprises in the first set of two mid-season trophy awards posts from the PHT staff.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)