unrestricted free agency
Apr 22, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
It’s possible that both might play their final game for the Devils on Tuesday.
Mar 21, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
He doesn’t know if he could play for another team, if it came down to that.
Mar 1, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Bad news for everyone except Josh Harding.
Feb 27, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
Will the gambles be worth it?
Feb 7, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
In dollar terms, at least.
Nov 6, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Josh Harding’s outstanding start to 2011-12 should put him on the radars of teams looking for a new top goalie.
Sep 2, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
The Red Wings are hoping to get negotiations started with Niklas Kronwall soon, which is a good idea because Detroit’s defense could be in a state of flux next summer if Nicklas Lidstorm retires.
Aug 27, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
There aren’t many options in unrestricted free agency any more, but here are a few players who at least might be worth a look.
Aug 20, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
If he can stay healthy, Ethan Moreau might be a solid veteran presence for the Kings. Los Angeles signed him to a one-year, $600K deal today.
Aug 4, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
The Capitals don’t want Scott Hannan back, but if the rugged defenseman should be able to find a new team if his price tag is reasonable. This post takes a look at the large number of teams that would be interested in an affordable deal with Hannan.
Jul 29, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Despite coming within a single game of winning the Stanley Cup and returning almost their entire 2010-11 team next year, the Vancouver Canucks are still looking to make improvements to their team.
Jun 30, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
The Jaromir Jagr saga remains in limbo as of this afternoon. It begs the question: will he be worth all the hype?
Jun 30, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
It looks like the Bruins will let Michael Ryder and Tomas Kaberle test the free agent market on Friday, but the team hasn’t closed the door to their possible returns.
Jun 30, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
The Sabres expect to hear what Christian Ehrhoff wants soon, but they won’t give him a deadline to make his decision.
Jun 30, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
The Predators bought out the final season of forward J.P. Dumont’s contract after an abysmal 19-point season, giving the free agent market a slight boost in the process.
Jun 27, 2011, 5:16 PM EDT
Physical forward and penalty killer Darroll Powe is on the way to Minnesota in a deal that helps the Flyers clear more salary cap and roster space.
Jun 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Both the Tampa Bay Lightning and Eric Brewer are optimistic they’ll be able to reach an agreement on a contract extension in the near future.
Jun 18, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
It’s hard to imagine, but the Bruins might consider bringing back disappointing defenseman Tomas Kaberle. In some ways, it might even make a little bit of sense.
Jun 12, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Obviously, winning the Stanley Cup is fantastic in the short term. That being said, there are actually some downsides to reaching the ultimate goal in hockey.
May 28, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
The Lightning had a great run, but it could come at a price. GM Steve Yzerman has some big decisions to make as important players (including Steven Stamkos and Dwayne Roloson) approach restricted and unrestricted free agency.
May 14, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
The Red Wings announced that both Nicklas Lidstrom and Mike Modano will take some time to make a decision about retirement. Lidstrom is likely to make his decision on July 1, the first day of unrestricted free agency.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 10
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)