unrestricted free agency
Apr 22, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
It’s possible that both might play their final game for the Devils on Tuesday.
Mar 21, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
He doesn’t know if he could play for another team, if it came down to that.
Mar 1, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Bad news for everyone except Josh Harding.
Feb 27, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
Will the gambles be worth it?
Feb 7, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
In dollar terms, at least.
Nov 6, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Josh Harding’s outstanding start to 2011-12 should put him on the radars of teams looking for a new top goalie.
Sep 2, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
The Red Wings are hoping to get negotiations started with Niklas Kronwall soon, which is a good idea because Detroit’s defense could be in a state of flux next summer if Nicklas Lidstorm retires.
Aug 27, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
There aren’t many options in unrestricted free agency any more, but here are a few players who at least might be worth a look.
Aug 20, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
If he can stay healthy, Ethan Moreau might be a solid veteran presence for the Kings. Los Angeles signed him to a one-year, $600K deal today.
Aug 4, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
The Capitals don’t want Scott Hannan back, but if the rugged defenseman should be able to find a new team if his price tag is reasonable. This post takes a look at the large number of teams that would be interested in an affordable deal with Hannan.
Jul 29, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Despite coming within a single game of winning the Stanley Cup and returning almost their entire 2010-11 team next year, the Vancouver Canucks are still looking to make improvements to their team.
Jun 30, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
The Jaromir Jagr saga remains in limbo as of this afternoon. It begs the question: will he be worth all the hype?
Jun 30, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
It looks like the Bruins will let Michael Ryder and Tomas Kaberle test the free agent market on Friday, but the team hasn’t closed the door to their possible returns.
Jun 30, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
The Sabres expect to hear what Christian Ehrhoff wants soon, but they won’t give him a deadline to make his decision.
Jun 30, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
The Predators bought out the final season of forward J.P. Dumont’s contract after an abysmal 19-point season, giving the free agent market a slight boost in the process.
Jun 27, 2011, 5:16 PM EDT
Physical forward and penalty killer Darroll Powe is on the way to Minnesota in a deal that helps the Flyers clear more salary cap and roster space.
Jun 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Both the Tampa Bay Lightning and Eric Brewer are optimistic they’ll be able to reach an agreement on a contract extension in the near future.
Jun 18, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
It’s hard to imagine, but the Bruins might consider bringing back disappointing defenseman Tomas Kaberle. In some ways, it might even make a little bit of sense.
Jun 12, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Obviously, winning the Stanley Cup is fantastic in the short term. That being said, there are actually some downsides to reaching the ultimate goal in hockey.
May 28, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
The Lightning had a great run, but it could come at a price. GM Steve Yzerman has some big decisions to make as important players (including Steven Stamkos and Dwayne Roloson) approach restricted and unrestricted free agency.
May 14, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
The Red Wings announced that both Nicklas Lidstrom and Mike Modano will take some time to make a decision about retirement. Lidstrom is likely to make his decision on July 1, the first day of unrestricted free agency.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)