Jan 31, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
This post hopes to make it even more interesting.
Jan 26, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
Chicago GM is ready to make a deal.
Jan 25, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
This picture here is the “after.” Click on the link to see the “before.” (Potentially NSFW.)
Jan 21, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Two huge rivals find themselves in curious places in the standings.
Jan 21, 2012, 3:25 PM EST
Two Russian superstars having two vastly different seasons.
Jan 18, 2012, 3:42 PM EST
They’re totally going to do something residual.
Jan 13, 2012, 11:15 PM EST
Troy Brouwer’s first career hat trick might get lost in the shuffle.
Jan 4, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
Washington irate over potentially losing leading scorer.
Dec 31, 2011, 12:53 AM EST
$40 million doesn’t buy what it used to these days…
Dec 28, 2011, 11:07 PM EST
Ovechkin, Semin and Vokoun were central to this win.
Dec 26, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
Plenty of worthy candidates.
Dec 14, 2011, 10:04 AM EST
Troy Brouwer said he wouldn’t have paid to watch the Caps play against Philly last night. Can Caps fans get a refund then?
Oct 10, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
It was an awful night for Tomas Vokoun and a bad one for the Capitals’ top scorers, but pluggers like Jason Chimera and Troy Brouwer saved the day. The Lightning shouldn’t be pleased with their play either, though.
Oct 8, 2011, 11:10 AM EST
Remember how Marcus Johansson was going to be the breakout player for the Caps? Mathieu Perreault must not have been listening to all that.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Can the Capitals finally get over the hump in a pivotal 2011-12 season? It’s hard to say no after they added a legitimate top goalie in Tomas Vokoun.
Oct 2, 2011, 11:58 PM EST
Troy Brouwer discusses how it felt to play against his old team, as he suited up with the Capitals against the Blackhawks Sunday night.
Sep 29, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Jason Chimera’s speed and defensive tenacity are his strengths and that makes him worth $3.5 million to the Caps for two more years. Wait, what?
Sep 11, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
A surprisingly tough defensive Washington Capitals team will get a further tweak to their strategy this year. It might be time for other teams to worry even more.
Sep 2, 2011, 8:58 PM EST
Mike Green is just about fed up with all the losing early in the playoffs in Washington. Good thing for him the Caps appear to be a playoff-built team now.
Aug 9, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau was happy to have the Caps be more defensive last season, but he wants them to do that and score tons of goals this season.
Quick hits: Mike Keane might join Jets staff, Brouwer on the LTIR and NHL’s most disappointing teams
Jul 14, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
Quick hits from around the NHL: Mike Keane might join the Jets’ coaching staff, Troy Brouwer might go on the LTIR in Washington and Forbes lists the teams that disappoint their fans the most and least.
Jul 13, 2011, 5:51 PM EST
With the moves the Chicago Blackhawks have made this summer, Patrick Kane says he’s excited to see the team get a little tougher after last season’s disappointment.
Jul 12, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Eric Fehr says he was stunned by being traded out of Washington but he should’ve seen the writing on the wall when Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer were brought in and the Caps being in a salary cap bind.
Jul 6, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
If the 2011-12 season began today, the Capitals might have a little trouble getting under the salary cap ceiling after today’s two-year, $4.7 million deal for Troy Brouwer.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:59 AM EST
After the free wheeling and spending the Caps and Sabres have done this offseason, they find themselves in a salary cap bind and a few of their own players to retain. So what happens now?
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)