Mar 9, 2012, 3:29 PM EST
Status for Saturday’s game vs. Boston up in the air.
Mar 4, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
Philadelphia wins without some of their best defensemen.
Mar 4, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
The two dropped the gloves just over five minutes into the first period.
Mar 3, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
Truth hits everyone.
Feb 28, 2012, 10:28 PM EST
Could Washington thrive in an underdog role?
Jan 31, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
This post hopes to make it even more interesting.
Jan 26, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
Chicago GM is ready to make a deal.
Jan 25, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
This picture here is the “after.” Click on the link to see the “before.” (Potentially NSFW.)
Jan 21, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Two huge rivals find themselves in curious places in the standings.
Jan 21, 2012, 3:25 PM EST
Two Russian superstars having two vastly different seasons.
Jan 18, 2012, 3:42 PM EST
They’re totally going to do something residual.
Jan 13, 2012, 11:15 PM EST
Troy Brouwer’s first career hat trick might get lost in the shuffle.
Jan 4, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
Washington irate over potentially losing leading scorer.
Dec 31, 2011, 12:53 AM EST
$40 million doesn’t buy what it used to these days…
Dec 28, 2011, 11:07 PM EST
Ovechkin, Semin and Vokoun were central to this win.
Dec 26, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
Plenty of worthy candidates.
Dec 14, 2011, 10:04 AM EST
Troy Brouwer said he wouldn’t have paid to watch the Caps play against Philly last night. Can Caps fans get a refund then?
Oct 10, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
It was an awful night for Tomas Vokoun and a bad one for the Capitals’ top scorers, but pluggers like Jason Chimera and Troy Brouwer saved the day. The Lightning shouldn’t be pleased with their play either, though.
Oct 8, 2011, 11:10 AM EST
Remember how Marcus Johansson was going to be the breakout player for the Caps? Mathieu Perreault must not have been listening to all that.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Can the Capitals finally get over the hump in a pivotal 2011-12 season? It’s hard to say no after they added a legitimate top goalie in Tomas Vokoun.
Oct 2, 2011, 11:58 PM EST
Troy Brouwer discusses how it felt to play against his old team, as he suited up with the Capitals against the Blackhawks Sunday night.
Sep 29, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Jason Chimera’s speed and defensive tenacity are his strengths and that makes him worth $3.5 million to the Caps for two more years. Wait, what?
Sep 11, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
A surprisingly tough defensive Washington Capitals team will get a further tweak to their strategy this year. It might be time for other teams to worry even more.
Sep 2, 2011, 8:58 PM EST
Mike Green is just about fed up with all the losing early in the playoffs in Washington. Good thing for him the Caps appear to be a playoff-built team now.
Aug 9, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau was happy to have the Caps be more defensive last season, but he wants them to do that and score tons of goals this season.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)