Oct 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
The Isles and Penguins are always so gentlemanly when they play each other. That means, “hate each other violently,” right?
Oct 5, 2011, 10:52 AM EST
Brendan Shanahan shows us how some players are making sure to take notes on how to hit guys into the boards. He’ll also show us what a great, legal hit looks like.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Turns out the Islanders can do the right thing after all as they’re changing up the game to be re-aired and celebrated this week.
Jul 12, 2011, 8:34 PM EST
Dallas didn’t necessarily need to get tougher, but they did anyhow by signing former Penguins brawler Eric Godard.
Jun 17, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
We’re sure the news of Trevor Gillies re-signing with the New York Islanders will be a big hit in Pittsburgh as the overtly physical forward gets likely his last chance to get it together as a pro.
Apr 8, 2011, 6:01 PM EST
When the Isles and Penguins last met on Long Island, it turned into a fight-filled and dirty game with 346 penalty minutes and a 9-3 Islanders win. Don’t expect any of the same fireworks tonight.
Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 14, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
While Gary Bettman’s five-point plan includes a vague suggestion to make coaches and teams more accountable for the actions of individual players, Mario Lemieux’s letter suggest specific fines for teams when someone receives a suspension.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EST
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Islanders forward Trevor Gillies made his return from his nine game suspension last night. He celebrated it by getting right back to making yet another dirty hit. Colin Campbell, you’ve got a job to do.
Feb 13, 2011, 10:30 PM EST
Mario Lemieux’s words about the disgusting brawl Friday night between the Penguins and Islanders have got some fans up in arms all over again. Mario’s good point may just have been drowned out by his seeming ignorance for what goes on with his team.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:34 PM EST
Penguins co-owner and former star Mario Lemieux was not shy about expressing his dissatisfaction regarding the way the NHL handled the Islanders-Penguins fallout.
Feb 13, 2011, 12:44 AM EST
The NHL has handed down their punishment for the Islanders-Penguins brouhahas on Friday night. The Islanders will be paying in both man-games and out of the wallet
Feb 12, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The NHL won’t make any decisions about supplemental discipline for the ugly incidents between the Penguins and Islanders until tonight, according to reports. Read this post to find out who will get automatic suspensions and which players will meet with the league this evening.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)