Oct 11, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Picks up 27 penalty minutes after jumping unsuspecting rookie.
Oct 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
The Isles and Penguins are always so gentlemanly when they play each other. That means, “hate each other violently,” right?
Oct 5, 2011, 10:52 AM EST
Brendan Shanahan shows us how some players are making sure to take notes on how to hit guys into the boards. He’ll also show us what a great, legal hit looks like.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Turns out the Islanders can do the right thing after all as they’re changing up the game to be re-aired and celebrated this week.
Jul 12, 2011, 8:34 PM EST
Dallas didn’t necessarily need to get tougher, but they did anyhow by signing former Penguins brawler Eric Godard.
Jun 17, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
We’re sure the news of Trevor Gillies re-signing with the New York Islanders will be a big hit in Pittsburgh as the overtly physical forward gets likely his last chance to get it together as a pro.
Apr 8, 2011, 6:01 PM EST
When the Isles and Penguins last met on Long Island, it turned into a fight-filled and dirty game with 346 penalty minutes and a 9-3 Islanders win. Don’t expect any of the same fireworks tonight.
Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 14, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
While Gary Bettman’s five-point plan includes a vague suggestion to make coaches and teams more accountable for the actions of individual players, Mario Lemieux’s letter suggest specific fines for teams when someone receives a suspension.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EST
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Islanders forward Trevor Gillies made his return from his nine game suspension last night. He celebrated it by getting right back to making yet another dirty hit. Colin Campbell, you’ve got a job to do.
Feb 13, 2011, 10:30 PM EST
Mario Lemieux’s words about the disgusting brawl Friday night between the Penguins and Islanders have got some fans up in arms all over again. Mario’s good point may just have been drowned out by his seeming ignorance for what goes on with his team.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:34 PM EST
Penguins co-owner and former star Mario Lemieux was not shy about expressing his dissatisfaction regarding the way the NHL handled the Islanders-Penguins fallout.
Feb 13, 2011, 12:44 AM EST
The NHL has handed down their punishment for the Islanders-Penguins brouhahas on Friday night. The Islanders will be paying in both man-games and out of the wallet
Feb 12, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The NHL won’t make any decisions about supplemental discipline for the ugly incidents between the Penguins and Islanders until tonight, according to reports. Read this post to find out who will get automatic suspensions and which players will meet with the league this evening.
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 5
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)