Oct 11, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Picks up 27 penalty minutes after jumping unsuspecting rookie.
Oct 25, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The Isles and Penguins are always so gentlemanly when they play each other. That means, “hate each other violently,” right?
Oct 5, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan shows us how some players are making sure to take notes on how to hit guys into the boards. He’ll also show us what a great, legal hit looks like.
Aug 18, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Turns out the Islanders can do the right thing after all as they’re changing up the game to be re-aired and celebrated this week.
Jul 12, 2011, 8:34 PM EDT
Dallas didn’t necessarily need to get tougher, but they did anyhow by signing former Penguins brawler Eric Godard.
Jun 17, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
We’re sure the news of Trevor Gillies re-signing with the New York Islanders will be a big hit in Pittsburgh as the overtly physical forward gets likely his last chance to get it together as a pro.
Apr 8, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
When the Isles and Penguins last met on Long Island, it turned into a fight-filled and dirty game with 346 penalty minutes and a 9-3 Islanders win. Don’t expect any of the same fireworks tonight.
Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 14, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
While Gary Bettman’s five-point plan includes a vague suggestion to make coaches and teams more accountable for the actions of individual players, Mario Lemieux’s letter suggest specific fines for teams when someone receives a suspension.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Islanders forward Trevor Gillies made his return from his nine game suspension last night. He celebrated it by getting right back to making yet another dirty hit. Colin Campbell, you’ve got a job to do.
Feb 13, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Mario Lemieux’s words about the disgusting brawl Friday night between the Penguins and Islanders have got some fans up in arms all over again. Mario’s good point may just have been drowned out by his seeming ignorance for what goes on with his team.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
Penguins co-owner and former star Mario Lemieux was not shy about expressing his dissatisfaction regarding the way the NHL handled the Islanders-Penguins fallout.
Feb 13, 2011, 12:44 AM EDT
The NHL has handed down their punishment for the Islanders-Penguins brouhahas on Friday night. The Islanders will be paying in both man-games and out of the wallet
Feb 12, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The NHL won’t make any decisions about supplemental discipline for the ugly incidents between the Penguins and Islanders until tonight, according to reports. Read this post to find out who will get automatic suspensions and which players will meet with the league this evening.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)