Sep 16, 2011, 12:07 PM EDT
Patrik Elias doesn’t want to be Devils captain again. Well if not him… Is it time for Zach Parise?
Sep 10, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT
While initial reports indicated that Travis Zajac would be sidelined for about three months with an Achilles tendon tear, the Devils center realizes that the process could take four or even up to six months to work itself out.
Sep 8, 2011, 4:33 PM EDT
While it’s easy to worry that Zach Parise will play his final season with the Devils in 2011-12, the talented winger said he’d prefer to stay with the team that drafted him.
Aug 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
The Devils’ season hasn’t started yet and it’s already off to an inauspicious start as Travis Zajac will be out for three months after getting surgery on his injured Achilles suffered in offseason workouts.
Apr 2, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
After more than five months away with a torn meniscus, Zach Parise will return to the Devils lineup.
Mar 15, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
The Devils rise through the Eastern Conference continued witha 4-2 win over fellow playoff threat Atlanta. Sure the Devils run is great and inspiring, but is there a reality check in their future?
Dec 28, 2010, 12:38 AM EDT
Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac spent about eight hours stranded on a Newark highway last night because of snow storms, with only a bag of peanuts, 102.7 FM, the car’s heater and each other to keep them company along the way.
Nov 3, 2010, 8:24 PM EDT
It’s easy to blame Ilya Kovalchuk for nearly everything that’s going wrong with the New Jersey Devils right now, who will play the Chicago Blackhawks tonight. Yet it’s clear that New Jersey’s $100 million man isn’t the only issue in the Garden State. The Devils have been besieged by injuries so far, even beyond losing…
Oct 24, 2010, 10:23 PM EDT
NY Rangers 3, New Jersey 1 It was pretty hard to blame the Devils’ woes on Ilya Kovalchuk after the team was bludgeoned 6-1 by the Buffalo Sabres in his absence. You cannot really point to him for this loss, either, as Kovalchuk was the only New Jersey player to pierce Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist…
Oct 17, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
When it comes to pesky players such as Buffalo Sabres pest Patrick Kaleta, there’s a fine line between doing your job (frustrating opponents into penalties) and hurting your own team by taking bad penalties. There are times when such tomfoolery just falls flat on its face, though. Wednesday’s game against the New Jersey Devils provided…
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)