Sep 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year’s Hobey Baker winner Andy Miele looks to earn a roster spot in Phoenix this year. For a man with this much heart and skill, it’s going to to be tough for Don Maloney and the rest of the Coyotes’ management to deny him the opportunity.
Sep 18, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Alexander Semin discussed Matt Bradley’s claims that he “doesn’t care” and also spoke about his name often surfacing in trade rumors.
Sep 17, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
While he stood out with his white no contact helmet, Sidney Crosby also stood out for how hard he worked during the first day of training camp.
Sep 17, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Tom Poti failed a physical today, which means he’ll likely go on the long-term injured reserve. That’s sad news for the defenseman, but it provides salary cap relief for the Capitals.
Sep 17, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Former first round pick Nazem Kadri hopes he can find a permanent spot on the Leafs roster this season. He better make a good first impression… because the Leafs aren’t wasting any time this preseason.
Sep 15, 2011, 4:16 AM EDT
As restricted free agents sign around the NHL, the Phoenix Coyotes are resigned to the fact that Kyle Turris won’t be signed before training camp opens. For Coyotes fans looking for good news on the contract front, you may want to look elsewhere.
Aug 6, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s not shocking news but it might be a little unsettling for Flyers fans: Chris Pronger will likely miss at least the beginning of training camp.
Aug 5, 2011, 12:32 AM EDT
Team Canada’s World Junior training camp got a bit of a scare tonight as Lightning prospect Brett Connolly went down with an injury.
Aug 4, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
A look at Ray Emery’s challenging road back to the NHL, which will continue at Chicago Blackhawks training camp.
Ryan Kesler undergoes hip surgery, rehab could force him to miss training camp, start of next season
Aug 2, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler will miss 10-12 weeks after undergoing hip surgery, which means he’ll likely miss training camp and the beginning of the 2011-12 season.
Evgeni Nabokov is willing to attend Islanders training camp, sets ‘record straight’ about last season
Aug 1, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov says that he’s willing to attend Islanders training camp (if they don’t trade him first). The netminder also ‘set the record straight’ about his polarizing decision not to report to the team when the Isles claimed him on waivers last season.
Jul 19, 2011, 7:18 PM EDT
Blackhawks team doctor Michael Terry announced that Patrick Kane underwent successful wrist surgery today. His window of recovery remains between six to eight weeks.
Jul 15, 2011, 2:15 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets announced that they’re putting the finishing touches on their new logo– but they won’t be unveiling it anytime soon. Yes, really.
Jul 14, 2011, 5:00 AM EDT
Chris Pronger is still about three weeks away from being cleared to seriously train for next season. Now there’s word that he may miss the beginning of training camp as well…
Jun 2, 2011, 5:42 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby has been cleared to participate in off-ice workouts, an important step as he hopes to be ready for Penguins’ training camp.
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 4
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 115
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (115)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)