training camp battles
Jan 6, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
They’ll need to make a quick impression.
Sep 21, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Sean Couturier gave himself a shot at making the Flyers lineup right out of the gate by signing an entry-level deal with the team today.
Sep 19, 2011, 12:14 AM EDT
With Travis Zajac on the shelf for months, the Devils must fill a void at center. Shuffling their lineup around might give young pivot Jacob Josefson a chance to earn second line duty – and the benefits that come with setting up Ilya Kovalchuk.
Sep 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Virtually all the Sabres starting forward spots are spoken for except for one and there are four guys in the hunt for it. Who has the edge?
Sep 12, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins didn’t light up the scoreboard against Canucks prospects last night, but his playmaking skills and vision left a good impression on Oilers brass.
Sep 6, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Brian Burke believes that the Leafs lines are all but set heading into training camp putting the pressure on three young guys in particular to step their game up.
Aug 11, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
With Brian Rafalski out of the picture because of his retirement, the Red Wings might witness a battle between Ian White and Jonathan Ericsson for time in the team’s top two defensive pairings.
Jul 25, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
With Ty Conklin gone, the Blues backup job comes down to over-sized prospect Ben Bishop or experienced (but flawed) free agent Brian Elliott.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)