training camp battles
Jan 6, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
They’ll need to make a quick impression.
Sep 21, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Sean Couturier gave himself a shot at making the Flyers lineup right out of the gate by signing an entry-level deal with the team today.
Sep 19, 2011, 12:14 AM EDT
With Travis Zajac on the shelf for months, the Devils must fill a void at center. Shuffling their lineup around might give young pivot Jacob Josefson a chance to earn second line duty – and the benefits that come with setting up Ilya Kovalchuk.
Sep 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Virtually all the Sabres starting forward spots are spoken for except for one and there are four guys in the hunt for it. Who has the edge?
Sep 12, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins didn’t light up the scoreboard against Canucks prospects last night, but his playmaking skills and vision left a good impression on Oilers brass.
Sep 6, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Brian Burke believes that the Leafs lines are all but set heading into training camp putting the pressure on three young guys in particular to step their game up.
Aug 11, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
With Brian Rafalski out of the picture because of his retirement, the Red Wings might witness a battle between Ian White and Jonathan Ericsson for time in the team’s top two defensive pairings.
Jul 25, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
With Ty Conklin gone, the Blues backup job comes down to over-sized prospect Ben Bishop or experienced (but flawed) free agent Brian Elliott.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39