Oct 20, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT
The NHL is now on all the time in parts of Europe thanks to MTG locking down an exclusive broadcasting rights package to bring the game full-time across the pond.
Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom isn’t going to be a menace in front of opposing nets for the Red Wings forever. Could Dan Cleary be the heir to Holmstrom’s home in front of the goalie?
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 9, 2011, 12:32 AM EDT
Things got a bit more uncomfortable for San Jose as Detroit used a three goal third period to come back and beat the Sharks 4-3 to force a Game 6 on Tuesday.
May 3, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Wings are looking for a bit more offense and coach Mike Babcock might be splitting up his dynamic duo to make it happen.
Apr 21, 2011, 2:10 AM EDT
The Red Wings move on to the second round of the playoffs with a 6-3 win over Phoenix and send the Coyotes to their most daunting offseason in their history as the prospect of a move to Winnipeg looms.
Apr 16, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Coyotes scored three unanswered goals to make Game 2 interesting, but the Red Wings ended up taking a 2-0 series lead with a 4-3 win.
Apr 10, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Detroit’s top scorer Henrik Zetterberg will miss the start of their playoff series against Phoenix with his lingering knee injury.
Apr 3, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Detroit got back something they lost out on last year: A Central Division title. By beating the Wild 4-2, the Red Wings captured the crown once again after a one year layoff.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
It’s a full blown injury epidemic in Detroit as Tomas Holmstrom broke his hand in tonight’s 3-2 shootout loss to Columbus.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)