Oct 20, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT
The NHL is now on all the time in parts of Europe thanks to MTG locking down an exclusive broadcasting rights package to bring the game full-time across the pond.
Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom isn’t going to be a menace in front of opposing nets for the Red Wings forever. Could Dan Cleary be the heir to Holmstrom’s home in front of the goalie?
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 9, 2011, 12:32 AM EDT
Things got a bit more uncomfortable for San Jose as Detroit used a three goal third period to come back and beat the Sharks 4-3 to force a Game 6 on Tuesday.
May 3, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Wings are looking for a bit more offense and coach Mike Babcock might be splitting up his dynamic duo to make it happen.
Apr 21, 2011, 2:10 AM EDT
The Red Wings move on to the second round of the playoffs with a 6-3 win over Phoenix and send the Coyotes to their most daunting offseason in their history as the prospect of a move to Winnipeg looms.
Apr 16, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Coyotes scored three unanswered goals to make Game 2 interesting, but the Red Wings ended up taking a 2-0 series lead with a 4-3 win.
Apr 10, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Detroit’s top scorer Henrik Zetterberg will miss the start of their playoff series against Phoenix with his lingering knee injury.
Apr 3, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Detroit got back something they lost out on last year: A Central Division title. By beating the Wild 4-2, the Red Wings captured the crown once again after a one year layoff.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
It’s a full blown injury epidemic in Detroit as Tomas Holmstrom broke his hand in tonight’s 3-2 shootout loss to Columbus.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 23
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 33
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)