Oct 20, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT
The NHL is now on all the time in parts of Europe thanks to MTG locking down an exclusive broadcasting rights package to bring the game full-time across the pond.
Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom isn’t going to be a menace in front of opposing nets for the Red Wings forever. Could Dan Cleary be the heir to Holmstrom’s home in front of the goalie?
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 9, 2011, 12:32 AM EDT
Things got a bit more uncomfortable for San Jose as Detroit used a three goal third period to come back and beat the Sharks 4-3 to force a Game 6 on Tuesday.
May 3, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Wings are looking for a bit more offense and coach Mike Babcock might be splitting up his dynamic duo to make it happen.
Apr 21, 2011, 2:10 AM EDT
The Red Wings move on to the second round of the playoffs with a 6-3 win over Phoenix and send the Coyotes to their most daunting offseason in their history as the prospect of a move to Winnipeg looms.
Apr 16, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Coyotes scored three unanswered goals to make Game 2 interesting, but the Red Wings ended up taking a 2-0 series lead with a 4-3 win.
Apr 10, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Detroit’s top scorer Henrik Zetterberg will miss the start of their playoff series against Phoenix with his lingering knee injury.
Apr 3, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Detroit got back something they lost out on last year: A Central Division title. By beating the Wild 4-2, the Red Wings captured the crown once again after a one year layoff.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
It’s a full blown injury epidemic in Detroit as Tomas Holmstrom broke his hand in tonight’s 3-2 shootout loss to Columbus.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)