Oct 20, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
The NHL is now on all the time in parts of Europe thanks to MTG locking down an exclusive broadcasting rights package to bring the game full-time across the pond.
Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 AM EST
Tomas Holmstrom isn’t going to be a menace in front of opposing nets for the Red Wings forever. Could Dan Cleary be the heir to Holmstrom’s home in front of the goalie?
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EST
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 9, 2011, 12:32 AM EST
Things got a bit more uncomfortable for San Jose as Detroit used a three goal third period to come back and beat the Sharks 4-3 to force a Game 6 on Tuesday.
May 3, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
The Red Wings are looking for a bit more offense and coach Mike Babcock might be splitting up his dynamic duo to make it happen.
Apr 21, 2011, 2:10 AM EST
The Red Wings move on to the second round of the playoffs with a 6-3 win over Phoenix and send the Coyotes to their most daunting offseason in their history as the prospect of a move to Winnipeg looms.
Apr 16, 2011, 4:21 PM EST
The Coyotes scored three unanswered goals to make Game 2 interesting, but the Red Wings ended up taking a 2-0 series lead with a 4-3 win.
Apr 10, 2011, 5:47 PM EST
Detroit’s top scorer Henrik Zetterberg will miss the start of their playoff series against Phoenix with his lingering knee injury.
Apr 3, 2011, 10:11 PM EST
Detroit got back something they lost out on last year: A Central Division title. By beating the Wild 4-2, the Red Wings captured the crown once again after a one year layoff.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EST
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
It’s a full blown injury epidemic in Detroit as Tomas Holmstrom broke his hand in tonight’s 3-2 shootout loss to Columbus.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 13
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 11
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 60
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (60)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)