Oct 20, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT
The NHL is now on all the time in parts of Europe thanks to MTG locking down an exclusive broadcasting rights package to bring the game full-time across the pond.
Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom isn’t going to be a menace in front of opposing nets for the Red Wings forever. Could Dan Cleary be the heir to Holmstrom’s home in front of the goalie?
Jun 4, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
Putting enormous defenseman Zdeno Chara in front of opposing goalies on the power play seems like a great idea, but it doesn’t seem to work in reality. (At least with the group of players the Bruins have available.)
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 9, 2011, 12:32 AM EDT
Things got a bit more uncomfortable for San Jose as Detroit used a three goal third period to come back and beat the Sharks 4-3 to force a Game 6 on Tuesday.
May 3, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Wings are looking for a bit more offense and coach Mike Babcock might be splitting up his dynamic duo to make it happen.
Apr 21, 2011, 2:10 AM EDT
The Red Wings move on to the second round of the playoffs with a 6-3 win over Phoenix and send the Coyotes to their most daunting offseason in their history as the prospect of a move to Winnipeg looms.
Apr 16, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Coyotes scored three unanswered goals to make Game 2 interesting, but the Red Wings ended up taking a 2-0 series lead with a 4-3 win.
Apr 10, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Detroit’s top scorer Henrik Zetterberg will miss the start of their playoff series against Phoenix with his lingering knee injury.
Apr 3, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Detroit got back something they lost out on last year: A Central Division title. By beating the Wild 4-2, the Red Wings captured the crown once again after a one year layoff.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
It’s a full blown injury epidemic in Detroit as Tomas Holmstrom broke his hand in tonight’s 3-2 shootout loss to Columbus.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)