Sep 21, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
The word “trap” is a dirty word in the NHL, especially in Minnesota. Just think of how Wild fans will react when they hear coach Mike Yeo is bringing it back.
Jordan Hendry will audition for a spot with the Minnesota Wild after accepting a training camp tryout
Aug 27, 2011, 5:10 PM EST
The Wild need defensive help while Jordan Hendry needs a chance to save his career, so both sides could benefit if his training camp tryout goes well.
Aug 7, 2011, 11:45 AM EST
The big changes that GM Chuck Fletcher has made happen in Minnesota this summer were all necessary to change the culture for the Wild and make roles more clearly defined.
Jul 11, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
The Wild introduced Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi today. There’s been a lot of debate about how much Minnesota really improved with those two moves, but they might benefit if Heatley and Setoguchi do what they’re asked to do: shoot. A lot.
May 6, 2011, 12:08 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild are reportedly considering Craig MacTavish as their possible next head coach.
Apr 14, 2011, 9:53 PM EST
Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold sounded off today about how frustrated and disappointed he is with how his team did this season. Maybe he’s just mad about all the bad money he’s stuck spending.
Apr 11, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
Minnesota has relieved coach Todd Richards of his duties but much like a pair of other coaches let go already this year, you can’t really blame him for not being a miracle worker.
Mar 27, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild will be looking to make changes as their fan base is upset about another disappointing season, but placing the blame on head coach Todd Richards ignores the team’s biggest issues.
Mar 7, 2011, 5:23 PM EST
The Wild’s push for the playoffs might be getting a boost sooner than expected as captain Mikko Koivu returned to practice today.
Jan 19, 2011, 9:18 PM EST
The NHL decided to rescind an instigator penalty that would have lead to an automatic one-game suspension for Wild forward Brad Staubitz and as $10K fine for coach Todd Richards.
Dec 23, 2010, 9:36 PM EST
Todd Richards and the Minnesota Wild have grown tired of people continuing to associate their team with the neutral zone trap. Then again, if they won more often, chances are they wouldn’t really care.
Oct 29, 2010, 5:46 PM EST
Remember the wicked hit that Minnesota’s Antti Miettinen took from Kings forward Dustin Brown that saw Brown ejected from the game but not suspended? Turns out Miettinen may have gotten a concussion from that after all.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)