Jan 11, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Seven canned already, two shy of the record.
Jan 9, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
It took half the season, but the Blue Jackets finally made the move they had to.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Now that Columbus won’t be able to hire Ken Hitchcock if they let go of Scott Arniel, who’s on their coaching short list? Don’t worry, we came up with our own.
Sep 21, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
The word “trap” is a dirty word in the NHL, especially in Minnesota. Just think of how Wild fans will react when they hear coach Mike Yeo is bringing it back.
Jordan Hendry will audition for a spot with the Minnesota Wild after accepting a training camp tryout
Aug 27, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
The Wild need defensive help while Jordan Hendry needs a chance to save his career, so both sides could benefit if his training camp tryout goes well.
Aug 7, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
The big changes that GM Chuck Fletcher has made happen in Minnesota this summer were all necessary to change the culture for the Wild and make roles more clearly defined.
Jul 11, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
The Wild introduced Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi today. There’s been a lot of debate about how much Minnesota really improved with those two moves, but they might benefit if Heatley and Setoguchi do what they’re asked to do: shoot. A lot.
May 6, 2011, 12:08 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild are reportedly considering Craig MacTavish as their possible next head coach.
Apr 14, 2011, 9:53 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold sounded off today about how frustrated and disappointed he is with how his team did this season. Maybe he’s just mad about all the bad money he’s stuck spending.
Apr 11, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Minnesota has relieved coach Todd Richards of his duties but much like a pair of other coaches let go already this year, you can’t really blame him for not being a miracle worker.
Mar 27, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will be looking to make changes as their fan base is upset about another disappointing season, but placing the blame on head coach Todd Richards ignores the team’s biggest issues.
Mar 7, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
The Wild’s push for the playoffs might be getting a boost sooner than expected as captain Mikko Koivu returned to practice today.
Jan 19, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
The NHL decided to rescind an instigator penalty that would have lead to an automatic one-game suspension for Wild forward Brad Staubitz and as $10K fine for coach Todd Richards.
Dec 23, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Todd Richards and the Minnesota Wild have grown tired of people continuing to associate their team with the neutral zone trap. Then again, if they won more often, chances are they wouldn’t really care.
Oct 29, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Remember the wicked hit that Minnesota’s Antti Miettinen took from Kings forward Dustin Brown that saw Brown ejected from the game but not suspended? Turns out Miettinen may have gotten a concussion from that after all.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)