Jan 9, 2012, 9:58 AM EST
It took half the season, but the Blue Jackets finally made the move they had to.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
Now that Columbus won’t be able to hire Ken Hitchcock if they let go of Scott Arniel, who’s on their coaching short list? Don’t worry, we came up with our own.
Sep 21, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
The word “trap” is a dirty word in the NHL, especially in Minnesota. Just think of how Wild fans will react when they hear coach Mike Yeo is bringing it back.
Jordan Hendry will audition for a spot with the Minnesota Wild after accepting a training camp tryout
Aug 27, 2011, 5:10 PM EST
The Wild need defensive help while Jordan Hendry needs a chance to save his career, so both sides could benefit if his training camp tryout goes well.
Aug 7, 2011, 11:45 AM EST
The big changes that GM Chuck Fletcher has made happen in Minnesota this summer were all necessary to change the culture for the Wild and make roles more clearly defined.
Jul 11, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
The Wild introduced Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi today. There’s been a lot of debate about how much Minnesota really improved with those two moves, but they might benefit if Heatley and Setoguchi do what they’re asked to do: shoot. A lot.
May 6, 2011, 12:08 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild are reportedly considering Craig MacTavish as their possible next head coach.
Apr 14, 2011, 9:53 PM EST
Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold sounded off today about how frustrated and disappointed he is with how his team did this season. Maybe he’s just mad about all the bad money he’s stuck spending.
Apr 11, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
Minnesota has relieved coach Todd Richards of his duties but much like a pair of other coaches let go already this year, you can’t really blame him for not being a miracle worker.
Mar 27, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild will be looking to make changes as their fan base is upset about another disappointing season, but placing the blame on head coach Todd Richards ignores the team’s biggest issues.
Mar 7, 2011, 5:23 PM EST
The Wild’s push for the playoffs might be getting a boost sooner than expected as captain Mikko Koivu returned to practice today.
Jan 19, 2011, 9:18 PM EST
The NHL decided to rescind an instigator penalty that would have lead to an automatic one-game suspension for Wild forward Brad Staubitz and as $10K fine for coach Todd Richards.
Dec 23, 2010, 9:36 PM EST
Todd Richards and the Minnesota Wild have grown tired of people continuing to associate their team with the neutral zone trap. Then again, if they won more often, chances are they wouldn’t really care.
Oct 29, 2010, 5:46 PM EST
Remember the wicked hit that Minnesota’s Antti Miettinen took from Kings forward Dustin Brown that saw Brown ejected from the game but not suspended? Turns out Miettinen may have gotten a concussion from that after all.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)