Feb 27, 2011, 1:46 AM EDT
The Bruins sent notice that they’re going to be serious Cup contenders by beating the NHL’s best team, Vancouver, in their house 3-1.
Feb 13, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
The Red Wings rode the momentum of a big second period and cruised to victory beating Boston 4-2 and sweeping their home-and-home set with the Bruins.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Red Wings snapped out of their first period funk and potted two goals to take a 3-2 lead over Boston.
Feb 13, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Boston takes a 2-1 lead over Detroit after the first period in NBC’s Game of the Week.
Feb 13, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The 2010-11 Boston Bruins bring a mixture of toughness and skill that evokes more than a few memories of the Stanley Cup-winning Big, Bad Bruins of the ’70s.
Feb 9, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
The Bruins battered and bruised the Canadiens, winning a wild 8-6 game by overwhelming their division opponents. Read all about the craziness, which included 140 penalty minutes and even a (pseudo) goalie fight between Carey Price and Tim Thomas.
Feb 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
It wasn’t as easy call like Thursday’s best save, but Ville Leino’s game winner earned the February 3rd Goal of the Night.
Jan 31, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Which one of last week’s best save was better: Tim Thomas, Niklas Backstrom, Roberto Luongo or Henrik Lundqvist’s stop?
Jan 30, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Team Lidstrom held off Team Staal in a wild third period to win 11-10. Patrick Sharp earned the MVP while Henrik Lundqvist stopped Matt Duchene during the first penalty shot in All-Star Game history.
Jan 30, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Even All-Stars have embarrassing moments, as you can see from Tim Thomas, Phil Kessel and Alex Ovechkin this weekend.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
NBC’s Game of the Week for February 13th shapes up to be a classic between two Original Six teams as the Bruins visit the Red Wings.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
You guessed it, Tim Thomas of the Bruins gets our save of the night honors yet again.
Jan 24, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
The NHL named its three stars of the week for January 17-23rd: Tim Thomas, Steven Stamkos and Martin Brodeur.
Jan 23, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
In the NHL on NBC post game report, Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire talk about the great season the Boston Bruins are having.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Some days you’ve just got it. Today, the Bruins had it in spades winning 7-0 over Carolina.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Who made the best save for the week of January 10-16th? The contestants are: Jaroslav Halak, Henrik Karlsson, Marc-Andre Fleury, Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo, Ryan Miller and Nikolai Khabibulin.
Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
With a handful of afternoon games today, here’s a look at who’s in goal for the early games.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
While winning 7-5 isn’t how Tim Thomas prefers to get things done, he made some key saves last night. The best-looking one took place when Thomas thwarted Claude Giroux on a breakaway. Check out the video of that save in this post.
Jan 8, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
It’s like a horror show that Bruins fans don’t want to watch anymore as the Canadiens come back from being down 2-0 in the third to win in overtime.
Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis beat a sprawling Tim Thomas to win Saturday’s goal of the night.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins now hold four of the six spots on the fan-voted All-Star team with one week left.
Dec 21, 2010, 2:42 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin eked his way into the top three forwards in the latest update of all-star game voting results
Dec 19, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas came up big time and time again last night, including during December 18’s save of the night.
Dec 18, 2010, 10:02 PM EDT
The bad news: Washington lost its eight game in a row. The even worse news: they’re not even the No. 1 team in the Southeast anymore, as Atlanta took the division lead.
Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Cam Ward made Thursday’s best stop, earning him the save of the night.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)