Feb 27, 2011, 1:46 AM EDT
The Bruins sent notice that they’re going to be serious Cup contenders by beating the NHL’s best team, Vancouver, in their house 3-1.
Feb 13, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
The Red Wings rode the momentum of a big second period and cruised to victory beating Boston 4-2 and sweeping their home-and-home set with the Bruins.
Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Red Wings snapped out of their first period funk and potted two goals to take a 3-2 lead over Boston.
Feb 13, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Boston takes a 2-1 lead over Detroit after the first period in NBC’s Game of the Week.
Feb 13, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The 2010-11 Boston Bruins bring a mixture of toughness and skill that evokes more than a few memories of the Stanley Cup-winning Big, Bad Bruins of the ’70s.
Feb 9, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
The Bruins battered and bruised the Canadiens, winning a wild 8-6 game by overwhelming their division opponents. Read all about the craziness, which included 140 penalty minutes and even a (pseudo) goalie fight between Carey Price and Tim Thomas.
Feb 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
It wasn’t as easy call like Thursday’s best save, but Ville Leino’s game winner earned the February 3rd Goal of the Night.
Jan 31, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Which one of last week’s best save was better: Tim Thomas, Niklas Backstrom, Roberto Luongo or Henrik Lundqvist’s stop?
Jan 30, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Team Lidstrom held off Team Staal in a wild third period to win 11-10. Patrick Sharp earned the MVP while Henrik Lundqvist stopped Matt Duchene during the first penalty shot in All-Star Game history.
Jan 30, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Even All-Stars have embarrassing moments, as you can see from Tim Thomas, Phil Kessel and Alex Ovechkin this weekend.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
NBC’s Game of the Week for February 13th shapes up to be a classic between two Original Six teams as the Bruins visit the Red Wings.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
You guessed it, Tim Thomas of the Bruins gets our save of the night honors yet again.
Jan 24, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
The NHL named its three stars of the week for January 17-23rd: Tim Thomas, Steven Stamkos and Martin Brodeur.
Jan 23, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
In the NHL on NBC post game report, Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire talk about the great season the Boston Bruins are having.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Some days you’ve just got it. Today, the Bruins had it in spades winning 7-0 over Carolina.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Who made the best save for the week of January 10-16th? The contestants are: Jaroslav Halak, Henrik Karlsson, Marc-Andre Fleury, Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo, Ryan Miller and Nikolai Khabibulin.
Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
With a handful of afternoon games today, here’s a look at who’s in goal for the early games.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
While winning 7-5 isn’t how Tim Thomas prefers to get things done, he made some key saves last night. The best-looking one took place when Thomas thwarted Claude Giroux on a breakaway. Check out the video of that save in this post.
Jan 8, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
It’s like a horror show that Bruins fans don’t want to watch anymore as the Canadiens come back from being down 2-0 in the third to win in overtime.
Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis beat a sprawling Tim Thomas to win Saturday’s goal of the night.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins now hold four of the six spots on the fan-voted All-Star team with one week left.
Dec 21, 2010, 2:42 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin eked his way into the top three forwards in the latest update of all-star game voting results
Dec 19, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas came up big time and time again last night, including during December 18’s save of the night.
Dec 18, 2010, 10:02 PM EDT
The bad news: Washington lost its eight game in a row. The even worse news: they’re not even the No. 1 team in the Southeast anymore, as Atlanta took the division lead.
Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Cam Ward made Thursday’s best stop, earning him the save of the night.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)