Mar 10, 2012, 7:09 PM EDT
Would the San Jose Sharks be right to have him start in all of their remaining games?
Feb 13, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
It’s the second game of a nine game trip for San Jose.
Feb 4, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
The other night wasn’t exactly an anomaly for time hiccups at Staples Center.
Feb 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Sharks defenseman is becoming known for this sort of thing.
Feb 1, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
The Sharks enjoyed meeting “Tony Plush.”
Jan 25, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Niittymaki has not played in a game yet this season.
Jan 20, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s got a little-used Antero Niittymaki up for sale.
Jan 14, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Being the third goalie is like being the third wheel: Awkward.
Dec 13, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
With the Sharks headed to Denver to take on the Avs, both teams have losing streaks they’d like to put an end to.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Movember is made for awesome facial hair and leave it up to Jaromir Jagr to to show everyone how to do it right.
Oct 16, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
With the Sharks off to a 1-2-0 start, it looks like Antti Niemi is coming back at the right time.
Oct 11, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
It’s unclear if the Sharks will get either Martin Havlat or Antti Niemi back in time for their second game of the regular season on Friday. On the bright side, both seem like they’re inching closer to their returns.
Oct 8, 2011, 2:53 AM EDT
Good thing the Sharks brought Thomas Greiss back as an insurance policy. With Antero Niittymaki out and Antti Niemi unable to return for opening night, Greiss will be the man between the pipes for opening night.
Sep 22, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
Antero Niittymaki is going to miss the next 12 weeks of play. Now is the time for Thomas Greiss to get serious as both Niittymaki and Antti Niemi may not be ready for the season opener.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
The Sharks aren’t worried about Antti Niemi’s health from a big picture standpoint, but the Finnish netminder could miss the team’s regular season opener on Oct. 8.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Oct 22, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
If you’re a recently deposed former backup goalie in the NHL who was waived, what’s your next step for work? Turns out, playing in Europe is the answer.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)