Feb 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
Sharks defenseman is becoming known for this sort of thing.
Feb 1, 2012, 8:42 PM EST
The Sharks enjoyed meeting “Tony Plush.”
Jan 25, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Niittymaki has not played in a game yet this season.
Jan 20, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
He’s got a little-used Antero Niittymaki up for sale.
Jan 14, 2012, 10:20 AM EST
Being the third goalie is like being the third wheel: Awkward.
Dec 13, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
With the Sharks headed to Denver to take on the Avs, both teams have losing streaks they’d like to put an end to.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Movember is made for awesome facial hair and leave it up to Jaromir Jagr to to show everyone how to do it right.
Oct 16, 2011, 4:59 PM EST
With the Sharks off to a 1-2-0 start, it looks like Antti Niemi is coming back at the right time.
Oct 11, 2011, 12:20 AM EST
It’s unclear if the Sharks will get either Martin Havlat or Antti Niemi back in time for their second game of the regular season on Friday. On the bright side, both seem like they’re inching closer to their returns.
Oct 8, 2011, 2:53 AM EST
Good thing the Sharks brought Thomas Greiss back as an insurance policy. With Antero Niittymaki out and Antti Niemi unable to return for opening night, Greiss will be the man between the pipes for opening night.
Sep 22, 2011, 7:35 PM EST
Antero Niittymaki is going to miss the next 12 weeks of play. Now is the time for Thomas Greiss to get serious as both Niittymaki and Antti Niemi may not be ready for the season opener.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
The Sharks aren’t worried about Antti Niemi’s health from a big picture standpoint, but the Finnish netminder could miss the team’s regular season opener on Oct. 8.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Oct 22, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
If you’re a recently deposed former backup goalie in the NHL who was waived, what’s your next step for work? Turns out, playing in Europe is the answer.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 16
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)