the Grind Line
Jul 27, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
Many Red Wings fans are probably saddened by Kris Draper’s retirement, but four younger forwards should make that defensive transition easier. In fact, they already started it.
Jul 26, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
After a 20 year NHL career, Kris Draper calls it quits after what ended up being an outstanding career from one that started off inauspiciously.
Jul 25, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
A caption on a Kris Draper photo reveals that the grinding forward will probably announce his retirement on Tuesday.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 59
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)