Dec 28, 2012, 12:20 PM EST
The Americans will face Canada on Sunday.
Dec 28, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
And not everyone is happy about the process.
Dec 27, 2012, 12:40 PM EST
They’ll face Russia tomorrow.
Dec 23, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
They’ll have one more defenseman to cut.
Dec 20, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Grimaldi and Gaudreau will bring the offense.
Dec 19, 2012, 10:50 PM EST
That’s one lofty comparison.
Dec 18, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Coach Phil Housley likes what he’s seeing.
Dec 16, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
He has eight points in his last two games.
May 5, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
A wild game between two of hockey’s superpowers? This storyline sounds familiar…
May 3, 2012, 4:38 PM EST
An eighth place finish last year has the Americans hungry to do better.
Mar 6, 2012, 12:26 PM EST
Dan Bylsma, John Tortorella and Ron Wilson top the candidate list.
Dec 22, 2011, 11:08 AM EST
If there are five guys that will help Team USA win gold at the World Junior Championships, these are it.
Sep 13, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
The Predators aren’t a very noticeable team when it comes to goal scoring. Can prospect Craig Smith be the guy to change all that or is it just a solid kid showing off in rookie camp?
Aug 13, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
After checking out some of what Lake Placid had to offer at the World Junior Hockey Evaluation Camp, there’s a few observations we’ve got for you.
Jul 26, 2011, 2:03 PM EST
You may have gotten to know Craig Smith during the 2011 IIHF World Championships, and now you’ll get to know him with the Nashville Predators.
Jun 1, 2011, 6:56 PM EST
Are you a conflicted American hockey fan and don’t want to root for the Bruins but feel a little bit dirty rooting for Vancouver? Ryan Kesler is here to make you feel better.
May 7, 2011, 9:21 PM EST
The United States moved closer to the 2011 World Championships’ quarterfinals with a 3-2 win against France. That isn’t the only good news, though, as James van Riemsdyk will add a bunch of punch to the lineup soon.
May 6, 2011, 1:32 PM EST
Ty Conklin made 48 saves for the United States, but Canada eventually got the best of him in a shootout. Check out this recap for the rundown plus an update on the 2011 World Championships standings.
Apr 30, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
The U.S. team earned a 5-1 win against Austria in its 2011 IIHF World Championships opener.
Jan 5, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
It’s not the medal the USA was hoping for, but it’s a reward just the same for success in a tough tournament as the USA takes home the bronze over Sweden.
Jan 3, 2011, 10:20 PM EST
People expected a great rematch after last year’s heart stopping World Junior Championships gold medal game. Instead, Canada pulverized the U.S. and will move on to a gold medal showdown vs. Russia while America must settle for a bronze medal match against Sweden.
Jan 2, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
After beating Switzerland in the quarterfinals, Team Canada gets their rematch with Team USA with a shot at the gold medal on the line.
Dec 28, 2010, 8:15 PM EST
Some assorted 2011 World Junior Championships news: Emerson Etem apologizes for Buffalo bashing while Zack Kassian faces a possible suspension for a check he delivered today.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Hockey’s best answer to March Madness – the World Junior Championships – begin today, as Russia plays against Canada and America takes on Finland.
Dec 24, 2010, 6:09 PM EST
University of Wisconsin’s John Ramage was named captain of Team USA and will lead them into battle against the world at the World Junior Championships in Buffalo.
- We salute you: Leafs acknowledge fans after beating the Red Wings 0
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 5
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 9
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)