Jan 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Who scored last week’s best goal: Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Quinton Howden, the boisterous Russian WJC team, Kris Draper or Mikhail Grabovski?
Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Perhaps this news shouldn’t be too surprising, but the Russian junior teams’ behavior was so raucous that they were kicked off their flight back home this morning.
Jan 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s not often that we award a five goal run the goal of the night award, but moments like Russia’s comeback in the gold medal game against Canada rarely surface either.
Jan 5, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
With a 3-0 lead, it looked like the Canadians would earn gold medal redemption in the World Junior Championships. Instead, the Russian team shocked the hockey world by scoring five unanswered goals in the third period to complete one of the biggest comebacks in the tournament’s history.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Hockey’s best answer to March Madness – the World Junior Championships – begin today, as Russia plays against Canada and America takes on Finland.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)