Jan 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s not often that we award a five goal run the goal of the night award, but moments like Russia’s comeback in the gold medal game against Canada rarely surface either.
Jan 5, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
With a 3-0 lead, it looked like the Canadians would earn gold medal redemption in the World Junior Championships. Instead, the Russian team shocked the hockey world by scoring five unanswered goals in the third period to complete one of the biggest comebacks in the tournament’s history.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Hockey’s best answer to March Madness – the World Junior Championships – begin today, as Russia plays against Canada and America takes on Finland.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)