Jan 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Who scored last week’s best goal: Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Quinton Howden, the boisterous Russian WJC team, Kris Draper or Mikhail Grabovski?
Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
Perhaps this news shouldn’t be too surprising, but the Russian junior teams’ behavior was so raucous that they were kicked off their flight back home this morning.
Jan 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
It’s not often that we award a five goal run the goal of the night award, but moments like Russia’s comeback in the gold medal game against Canada rarely surface either.
Jan 5, 2011, 10:33 PM EST
With a 3-0 lead, it looked like the Canadians would earn gold medal redemption in the World Junior Championships. Instead, the Russian team shocked the hockey world by scoring five unanswered goals in the third period to complete one of the biggest comebacks in the tournament’s history.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Hockey’s best answer to March Madness – the World Junior Championships – begin today, as Russia plays against Canada and America takes on Finland.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 14
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46