Jan 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Who scored last week’s best goal: Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Quinton Howden, the boisterous Russian WJC team, Kris Draper or Mikhail Grabovski?
Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Perhaps this news shouldn’t be too surprising, but the Russian junior teams’ behavior was so raucous that they were kicked off their flight back home this morning.
Jan 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s not often that we award a five goal run the goal of the night award, but moments like Russia’s comeback in the gold medal game against Canada rarely surface either.
Jan 5, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
With a 3-0 lead, it looked like the Canadians would earn gold medal redemption in the World Junior Championships. Instead, the Russian team shocked the hockey world by scoring five unanswered goals in the third period to complete one of the biggest comebacks in the tournament’s history.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Hockey’s best answer to March Madness – the World Junior Championships – begin today, as Russia plays against Canada and America takes on Finland.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6