Aug 29, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
It would be his third straight trip to the Games.
Apr 30, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
Semyon Varlamov will go instead.
Jan 5, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
It’s the first time since 1998 Canada hasn’t won a medal.
Dec 28, 2012, 12:20 PM EST
The Americans will face Canada on Sunday.
May 9, 2012, 1:22 PM EST
They’re sticking with Semyon Varlamov in goal instead.
May 27, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
How good was Minnesota Wild prospect Mikael Granlund’s goal at the 2011 World Championships? Finland put it on a stamp.
May 15, 2011, 8:54 PM EST
Finland took its second ever IIHF World Championships gold medal with a 6-1 win against Sweden while the Czech Republic foiled Russia for the bronze.
May 13, 2011, 7:44 PM EST
Sweden and Finland will add another chapter to their rivalry in the gold medal game of the 2011 World Championships tournament. Sweden beat the Czech Republic 5-2 while Finland shut down Russia 3-0 today.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Who scored last week’s best goal: Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Quinton Howden, the boisterous Russian WJC team, Kris Draper or Mikhail Grabovski?
Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
Perhaps this news shouldn’t be too surprising, but the Russian junior teams’ behavior was so raucous that they were kicked off their flight back home this morning.
Jan 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
It’s not often that we award a five goal run the goal of the night award, but moments like Russia’s comeback in the gold medal game against Canada rarely surface either.
Jan 5, 2011, 10:33 PM EST
With a 3-0 lead, it looked like the Canadians would earn gold medal redemption in the World Junior Championships. Instead, the Russian team shocked the hockey world by scoring five unanswered goals in the third period to complete one of the biggest comebacks in the tournament’s history.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Hockey’s best answer to March Madness – the World Junior Championships – begin today, as Russia plays against Canada and America takes on Finland.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 40
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)