Nov 20, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Stephen Weiss is the oldest of the homegrown Panthers and now the team is winning. Let’s get that guy a letter.
Nov 16, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Taylor Hall be slumpin’, Paul Byron would like the Sabres to give him his first goal puck, and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 14, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
The Avalanche took a month into the season to pick a captain and made a choice that longtime Avs fans will appreciate.
Oct 8, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Who needs a captain? The Panthers don’t, they’ve got four guys wearing the “A” instead.
Oct 6, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
The Sabres will head into the season with a new captain in Jason Pominville and an army of alternates to back him up.
Oct 5, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
New Jersey has settled and picked a captain for the upcoming season and American Zach Parise gets the call to wear the “C.” Perhaps this will help get his long-term contract negotiations settled.
Sep 16, 2011, 4:26 PM EDT
Hang on to your seats for a huge surprise: Chris Pronger was named the new captain of the Flyers today. Wait, that’s not a surprise at all.
Sep 9, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
When the Blues traded Eric Brewer last season, it opened up their captaincy. The Blues are banking on American David Backes to be their new leader now.
Aug 30, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
The Flyers haven’t chosen a new captain as of yet, but with guys like Daniel Briere and Chris Pronger as possibilities, why wouldn’t the menacing Pronger be the man with the “C” this season?
Aug 10, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau expects that Alex Ovechkin will become an even better team leader this season. Good thing too since he’s the team captain.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)