Swedish Elite League
Dec 8, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
It’s a veritable European lockout tour.
Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
He had been playing for Frolunda in Sweden.
Sep 25, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Will this open the floodgates?
Sep 11, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
There are many guys who won’t qualify even if they want to go.
Jun 18, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
His departure from Vancouver won’t exactly be long-remembered.
Sep 14, 2011, 1:26 AM EDT
Florida Panthers fans should start getting to know the name Jacob Markstrom. After a couple impressive performances this week, the highly-touted prospect is showing that he’s recovered from his serious knee injury.
Aug 10, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Rob Schremp and his shootout trick shots are taking their puck and going to Sweden after not finding an NHL deal.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
May 30, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
Tim Thomas pulled off a rare feat of being one of the best goalies in the regular season and the playoffs, but as you’ll see from this post, he needed to pull off a lot of rare feats to get to the NHL in the first place.
Dec 26, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Is this it for Peter Forsberg? The talented Swede told MODO that his foot problems would end his season. It’s hard not to speculate that this might be it for his career too.
Oct 22, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
If you’re a recently deposed former backup goalie in the NHL who was waived, what’s your next step for work? Turns out, playing in Europe is the answer.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)