Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 21, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
The NHL has suspended Penguins forward Matt Cooke for games for his cheap shot elbow to the head of Ryan McDonagh. Is this message enough from the NHL?
Mar 17, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
The NHL handed down a two game suspension to Bruins forward Brad Marchand for his cheap shot elbow to the back of R.J. Umberger’s head.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
League misses yet another opportunity to take a stand as they give Dany Heatley a two-game suspension for his elbow to Steve Ott’s head.
Mar 10, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Pavel Kubina will sit down for three games thanks to his reckless blow to the head of Chicago’s Dave Bolland.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Feb 23, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Phoenix’s Scottie Upshall knew he did a bad thing but the league is making him sit for his illegal hit on Philadelphia’s Oskars Bartulis anyhow.
Feb 9, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
The NHL has suspended Matt Cooke four games for his brutal hit from behind on Columbus’ Fedor Tyutin. Chalk it up to a missed opportunity for the NHL to help change the culture of the game for themselves.
Feb 9, 2011, 12:57 PM EDT
Anton Volchenkov will sit down for three games thanks to his targeted elbow to the head of Zach Boychuk.
Nov 18, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
Want to see why Mattias Ritola received a two game suspension? Here is video of that hit on Matt Moulson.
Nov 13, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Minnesota’s Brent Burns hears from the NHL and gets a two-game suspension for his butt-ending incident with Florida’s Steve Bernier. Meanwhile, expect Bernier to miss some time after getting surgery for a broken orbital bone.
Nov 6, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Joe Thornton appealed his two-game suspension and was shot down. Thankfully his agent/brother and Sharks broadcaster Jamie Baker were there to fill the air with crazy statements.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 2
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 9
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)