Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 21, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
The NHL has suspended Penguins forward Matt Cooke for games for his cheap shot elbow to the head of Ryan McDonagh. Is this message enough from the NHL?
Mar 17, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
The NHL handed down a two game suspension to Bruins forward Brad Marchand for his cheap shot elbow to the back of R.J. Umberger’s head.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
League misses yet another opportunity to take a stand as they give Dany Heatley a two-game suspension for his elbow to Steve Ott’s head.
Mar 10, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Pavel Kubina will sit down for three games thanks to his reckless blow to the head of Chicago’s Dave Bolland.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Feb 23, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Phoenix’s Scottie Upshall knew he did a bad thing but the league is making him sit for his illegal hit on Philadelphia’s Oskars Bartulis anyhow.
Feb 9, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
The NHL has suspended Matt Cooke four games for his brutal hit from behind on Columbus’ Fedor Tyutin. Chalk it up to a missed opportunity for the NHL to help change the culture of the game for themselves.
Feb 9, 2011, 12:57 PM EDT
Anton Volchenkov will sit down for three games thanks to his targeted elbow to the head of Zach Boychuk.
Nov 18, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
Want to see why Mattias Ritola received a two game suspension? Here is video of that hit on Matt Moulson.
Nov 13, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Minnesota’s Brent Burns hears from the NHL and gets a two-game suspension for his butt-ending incident with Florida’s Steve Bernier. Meanwhile, expect Bernier to miss some time after getting surgery for a broken orbital bone.
Nov 6, 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
Joe Thornton appealed his two-game suspension and was shot down. Thankfully his agent/brother and Sharks broadcaster Jamie Baker were there to fill the air with crazy statements.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)