Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
The much maligned enforcer Trevor Gillies is set to return on Saturday… But should he even suit up again this year?
Mar 21, 2011, 5:38 PM EST
The NHL has suspended Penguins forward Matt Cooke for games for his cheap shot elbow to the head of Ryan McDonagh. Is this message enough from the NHL?
Mar 17, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
The NHL handed down a two game suspension to Bruins forward Brad Marchand for his cheap shot elbow to the back of R.J. Umberger’s head.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EST
League misses yet another opportunity to take a stand as they give Dany Heatley a two-game suspension for his elbow to Steve Ott’s head.
Mar 10, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
Pavel Kubina will sit down for three games thanks to his reckless blow to the head of Chicago’s Dave Bolland.
Mar 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
Islanders GM Garth Snow gave his thoughts on Trevor Gillies’ 10-game suspension today and showed that he’s missing the big picture.
Mar 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EST
Colin Campbell weighed in on Trevor Gillies going after the head of Cal Clutterbuck and the Islanders enforcer will sit for 10 games.
Feb 23, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
Phoenix’s Scottie Upshall knew he did a bad thing but the league is making him sit for his illegal hit on Philadelphia’s Oskars Bartulis anyhow.
Feb 9, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
The NHL has suspended Matt Cooke four games for his brutal hit from behind on Columbus’ Fedor Tyutin. Chalk it up to a missed opportunity for the NHL to help change the culture of the game for themselves.
Feb 9, 2011, 12:57 PM EST
Anton Volchenkov will sit down for three games thanks to his targeted elbow to the head of Zach Boychuk.
Nov 18, 2010, 2:01 PM EST
Want to see why Mattias Ritola received a two game suspension? Here is video of that hit on Matt Moulson.
Nov 13, 2010, 2:38 PM EST
Minnesota’s Brent Burns hears from the NHL and gets a two-game suspension for his butt-ending incident with Florida’s Steve Bernier. Meanwhile, expect Bernier to miss some time after getting surgery for a broken orbital bone.
Nov 6, 2010, 9:42 PM EST
Joe Thornton appealed his two-game suspension and was shot down. Thankfully his agent/brother and Sharks broadcaster Jamie Baker were there to fill the air with crazy statements.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35