Oct 21, 2011, 12:09 PM EDT
Nashville Predators D Shea Weber could be facing suspension today after getting called for his second boarding penalty in as many games.
Apr 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Kings forward Jarret Stoll might be facing action from the league for his hit from behind on Sharks defenseman Ian White.
Dec 26, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Turns out the Bruins catch a break thanks to the league office not suspending Milan Lucic for his match penalty against the Thrashers.
Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Olli Jokinen faces the possibility of a suspension after cross-checking Wojtek Wolski last night.
Oct 12, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Niklas Hjalmarsson reportedly participated in a hearing with the NHL via a 1pm ET conference call with NHL head of discipline/guy who decides on suspensions Colin Campbell, according to TSN. While the hearing probably already took place, the league might not have a decision regarding a possible suspension until earlier today or perhaps even tomorrow.…
Oct 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
In case you haven’t heard, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson was ejected from tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres after driving a prone Jason Pominville into the boards. As we noted earlier, Pominville left the ice on a stretcher and was diagnosed with a concussion, but also showed signs of consciousness and did not need…
Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres provided a little bit of good news and bad news in regard to Jason Pominville’s status. The good news: not only did Pominville show signs of consciousness when he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, but he reportedly won’t need to go to the hospital. At least not according to…
Oct 11, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
Jason Pominville left the ice on a stretcher but was conscious. Niklas Hjalmarsson was ejected from the game and received a five-minute major penalty. Read more about the hit and tell us if you think it’s suspension-worthy.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 34
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)