Dec 31, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
And to think, today was his first game back from his last suspension.
Dec 23, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
Lennart Petrell is going to get a call from Brendan Shanahan for this hit.
Dec 19, 2011, 10:56 AM EST
Another day, another questionable hit, another debate over suspensions.
Dec 14, 2011, 7:46 AM EST
In one of the uglier hits we’ve seen this year, Zach Bogosian is likely going to get an unwanted vacation from Brendan Shanahan.
Dec 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Andrew Desjardins will be hearing from Brendan Shanahan this afternoon for his hit on Sami Lepisto.
Dec 9, 2011, 9:52 AM EST
Evgeni Malkin pulled a trick out of his bag that looked like the one Ville Leino tried the other night. That… Isn’t a good thing.
Dec 8, 2011, 7:31 AM EST
Ville Leino is definitely going to hear from Brendan Shanahan for his attempted cheap elbow on Matt Read.
Dec 5, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
Mark Fistric is making sure that Brendan Shanahan stays busier while in Pebble Beach with a hearing for his hit on Nino Niederreiter.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
You didn’t really think Jordin Tootoo was going to get away with blowing up Ryan Miller the way he did, did you?
Dec 3, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Kris Versteeg has a lot of complaints for Brendan Shanahan not suspending Derek Joslin for hitting him.
Dec 1, 2011, 9:33 AM EST
Ryan Whitney should get a call from Brendan Shanahan after his knee-on-knee hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
Nov 16, 2011, 9:19 AM EST
Chris Stewart has a hearing-by-phone with Brendan Shanahan to discuss his boarding of Niklas Kronwall last night.
Nov 12, 2011, 10:53 AM EST
Aaron Rome is going to go down in Canucks lore as one of the more infamous names if he keeps up this sort of thing.
Oct 18, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Kris Letang could be the first player to catch Brendan Shanahan’s ire in the regular season thanks to his boarding penalty against Winnipeg.
Oct 10, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Pierre-Marc Bouchard’s appeal of his two-game suspension went about as expected as NHL commissioner Gary Bettman upheld the ruling.
Oct 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Ryan Malone isn’t going to be suspended for his hit on Chris Campoli and Brendan Shanahan will tell you why.
Oct 1, 2011, 10:56 PM EST
Someone get Brendan Shanahan out of bed, he might have some work to do after Tampa Bay’s Ryan Malone catches Montreal’s Chris Campoli in the head with a check.
Sep 29, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
The news isn’t so hot for Chicago’s Ben Smith who is “day to day” with a concussion while Detroit’s Brendan Smith gets to meet with Brendan Shanahan face-to-face.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:27 AM EST
Jody Shelley could be the first person that new NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan gets to discipline after Shelley’s horrible hit from behind on Toronto’s Darryl Boyce.
Jun 7, 2011, 12:53 AM EST
Aaron Rome will meet with NHL VP of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy about his late and dirty hit on Nathan Horton. Don’t expect him to skate by on this one.
May 21, 2011, 11:21 AM EST
Sharks fourth liner Jamie McGinn will reportedly have a phone hearing with the NHL over his hit from behind on Vancouver’s Aaron Rome. Suspension on the way?
Apr 25, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
Flyers captain Mike Richards avoids league action for his shove from behind that knocked Tim Connolly out of action in Game 6.
Apr 19, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Another day, another baffling set of decisions from NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell. This time, the Wheel of Justice came up the same for both Steve Downie and Chris Kunitz on very different plays.
Apr 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
More head shots? Yes, more head shots to get loud about. Also, more on the Bruins showing up finally, Brian Boucher’s helpers in Philly, and is Ilya Bryzgalov getting tired?
Mar 21, 2011, 5:38 PM EST
The NHL has suspended Penguins forward Matt Cooke for games for his cheap shot elbow to the head of Ryan McDonagh. Is this message enough from the NHL?
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 54
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)