Dec 3, 2011, 3:33 PM EST
Andrei Markov has to be thankful that he’s human and not a horse.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
The thin get thinner in New Jersey as Jacob Josefson could miss up to four months after undergoing surgery on his broken clavicle.
Aug 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
The Devils’ season hasn’t started yet and it’s already off to an inauspicious start as Travis Zajac will be out for three months after getting surgery on his injured Achilles suffered in offseason workouts.
May 19, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
Canucks winger Mikael Samuelsson is out indefinitely, and likely done for the playoffs, after getting surgery for a torn adductor tendon and a sports hernia.
May 9, 2011, 4:34 PM EST
Chris Pronger called his injury-riddled 2010-2011 season “the year from hell” and he’s got some things to get fixed up before next season. By the way, his contract runs through until 2016-2017.
May 4, 2011, 12:16 AM EST
The Lightning earned a big win tonight, but the biggest success might have come off the ice, as assistant Wayne Fleming coach seemed to have successful surgery to remove a brain tumor.
Apr 25, 2011, 9:45 PM EST
Bryan Bickell scored four points in his five appearances in the Blackhawks-Canucks series, but he won’t be able to play in Game 7 (and then some) after undergoing wrist surgery.
Mar 28, 2011, 9:27 PM EST
As many probably expected, Anze Kopitar’s broken ankle will require surgery. That procedure will sideline him indefinitely, likely making the previously mentioned six-week window for his return optimistic at best (but still possible).
Feb 15, 2011, 7:53 PM EST
Andrew Alberts will need surgery on his broken wrist, so he’ll likely miss six to eight weeks.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Ryan Whitney could miss most – if not all – of this season’s remaining games after undergoing ankle surgery.
Jan 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EST
Bryan McCabe is expected to miss four to six weeks after surgery on his broken jaw.
Jan 6, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
Think you’ve had a rocky start to 2011? Jordan Eberle can relate: his country failed in the WJC, he’s dealing with an ankle injury on an awful Edmonton team and underwent an emergency appendectomy this week. Yikes.
Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EST
It sounds like Vincent Lecavalier will undergo surgery on the hand he broke during Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals.
Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Horrible news for the St. Louis Blues: T.J. Oshie is expected to miss at least three months after breaking his ankle in last night’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 25
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)