Dec 3, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Andrei Markov has to be thankful that he’s human and not a horse.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
The thin get thinner in New Jersey as Jacob Josefson could miss up to four months after undergoing surgery on his broken clavicle.
Aug 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
The Devils’ season hasn’t started yet and it’s already off to an inauspicious start as Travis Zajac will be out for three months after getting surgery on his injured Achilles suffered in offseason workouts.
May 19, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Canucks winger Mikael Samuelsson is out indefinitely, and likely done for the playoffs, after getting surgery for a torn adductor tendon and a sports hernia.
May 9, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
Chris Pronger called his injury-riddled 2010-2011 season “the year from hell” and he’s got some things to get fixed up before next season. By the way, his contract runs through until 2016-2017.
May 4, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
The Lightning earned a big win tonight, but the biggest success might have come off the ice, as assistant Wayne Fleming coach seemed to have successful surgery to remove a brain tumor.
Apr 25, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell scored four points in his five appearances in the Blackhawks-Canucks series, but he won’t be able to play in Game 7 (and then some) after undergoing wrist surgery.
Mar 28, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
As many probably expected, Anze Kopitar’s broken ankle will require surgery. That procedure will sideline him indefinitely, likely making the previously mentioned six-week window for his return optimistic at best (but still possible).
Feb 15, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Andrew Alberts will need surgery on his broken wrist, so he’ll likely miss six to eight weeks.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Ryan Whitney could miss most – if not all – of this season’s remaining games after undergoing ankle surgery.
Jan 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
Bryan McCabe is expected to miss four to six weeks after surgery on his broken jaw.
Jan 6, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
Think you’ve had a rocky start to 2011? Jordan Eberle can relate: his country failed in the WJC, he’s dealing with an ankle injury on an awful Edmonton team and underwent an emergency appendectomy this week. Yikes.
Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
It sounds like Vincent Lecavalier will undergo surgery on the hand he broke during Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals.
Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Horrible news for the St. Louis Blues: T.J. Oshie is expected to miss at least three months after breaking his ankle in last night’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)