Dec 3, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Andrei Markov has to be thankful that he’s human and not a horse.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
The thin get thinner in New Jersey as Jacob Josefson could miss up to four months after undergoing surgery on his broken clavicle.
Aug 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
The Devils’ season hasn’t started yet and it’s already off to an inauspicious start as Travis Zajac will be out for three months after getting surgery on his injured Achilles suffered in offseason workouts.
May 19, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Canucks winger Mikael Samuelsson is out indefinitely, and likely done for the playoffs, after getting surgery for a torn adductor tendon and a sports hernia.
May 9, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
Chris Pronger called his injury-riddled 2010-2011 season “the year from hell” and he’s got some things to get fixed up before next season. By the way, his contract runs through until 2016-2017.
May 4, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
The Lightning earned a big win tonight, but the biggest success might have come off the ice, as assistant Wayne Fleming coach seemed to have successful surgery to remove a brain tumor.
Apr 25, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell scored four points in his five appearances in the Blackhawks-Canucks series, but he won’t be able to play in Game 7 (and then some) after undergoing wrist surgery.
Mar 28, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
As many probably expected, Anze Kopitar’s broken ankle will require surgery. That procedure will sideline him indefinitely, likely making the previously mentioned six-week window for his return optimistic at best (but still possible).
Feb 15, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Andrew Alberts will need surgery on his broken wrist, so he’ll likely miss six to eight weeks.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Ryan Whitney could miss most – if not all – of this season’s remaining games after undergoing ankle surgery.
Jan 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
Bryan McCabe is expected to miss four to six weeks after surgery on his broken jaw.
Jan 6, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
Think you’ve had a rocky start to 2011? Jordan Eberle can relate: his country failed in the WJC, he’s dealing with an ankle injury on an awful Edmonton team and underwent an emergency appendectomy this week. Yikes.
Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
It sounds like Vincent Lecavalier will undergo surgery on the hand he broke during Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals.
Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Horrible news for the St. Louis Blues: T.J. Oshie is expected to miss at least three months after breaking his ankle in last night’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)