substance abuse and behavioral health program
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Jordin Tootoo was cleared to play in NHL action again as he remains in the “follow-up care phase” of the league’s substance abuse program. Reports indicate that he might actually play in Nashville’s game against Phoenix tonight, too.
Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
While Jordin Tootoo won’t be able to travel with the team or appear in NHL games, he was cleared to practice with the Nashville Predators again today.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 6
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 8
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)