substance abuse and behavioral health program
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Jordin Tootoo was cleared to play in NHL action again as he remains in the “follow-up care phase” of the league’s substance abuse program. Reports indicate that he might actually play in Nashville’s game against Phoenix tonight, too.
Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
While Jordin Tootoo won’t be able to travel with the team or appear in NHL games, he was cleared to practice with the Nashville Predators again today.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)