substance abuse and behavioral health program
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Jordin Tootoo was cleared to play in NHL action again as he remains in the “follow-up care phase” of the league’s substance abuse program. Reports indicate that he might actually play in Nashville’s game against Phoenix tonight, too.
Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
While Jordin Tootoo won’t be able to travel with the team or appear in NHL games, he was cleared to practice with the Nashville Predators again today.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (66)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)