substance abuse and behavioral health program
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EST
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Jordin Tootoo was cleared to play in NHL action again as he remains in the “follow-up care phase” of the league’s substance abuse program. Reports indicate that he might actually play in Nashville’s game against Phoenix tonight, too.
Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
While Jordin Tootoo won’t be able to travel with the team or appear in NHL games, he was cleared to practice with the Nashville Predators again today.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)