substance abuse and behavioral health program
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Jordin Tootoo was cleared to play in NHL action again as he remains in the “follow-up care phase” of the league’s substance abuse program. Reports indicate that he might actually play in Nashville’s game against Phoenix tonight, too.
Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
While Jordin Tootoo won’t be able to travel with the team or appear in NHL games, he was cleared to practice with the Nashville Predators again today.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)