Apr 20, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The NHL named the three nominees for the 2010-11 GM of the Year award: Vancouver’s Mike Gillis, Nashville’s David Poile and Tampa Bay’s Steve Yzerman. Find out more about their work and vote for your favorite in the poll.
Apr 5, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
After watching captain Vincent Lecavalier narrowly escape a serious eye injury, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman will ask all of his players to wear visors next season.
Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of Steve Yzerman and Cam Neely, Joe Sakic takes a front office job with the Colorado Avalanche.
Feb 27, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
Like most general managers in the playoff picture, Thrashers GM Rick Dudley wants to make his team better. But he also knows that he shouldn’t compromise a promising future for a slightly better present.
Feb 15, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
This week’s edition of Ask the Expert, Mike Milbury talks about the job Guy Boucher and Steve Yzerman have done in Tampa as well as about the Kings playoff chances in the West.
Feb 14, 2011, 5:49 PM EST
Lightning GM Steve Yzerman and Islanders enforcer Zenon Konopka offer two disparate perspectives on Mario Lemieux’s much-discussed comments.
Feb 13, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Both the Bruins and Red Wings are enjoying successful seasons despite employing wildly different strategies. Read about the profound differences between the two teams in this post.
Feb 5, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
The Lightning recalled offensive defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron from the minors. Could he give their already-potent power play a boost?
Feb 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
It seems like a slightly larger group of PHT readers prefer the new Lightning designs to the old ones. Click “Read More” for the mixed reactions.
Jan 31, 2011, 1:23 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning shared their new logo and jersey designs today. Check out their new look and tell us how you feel in this post’s poll.
Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 PM EST
Carolina’s Jeff Skinner is the newest all-star named to the team today. He’s also now the youngest all-star of all time.
Jan 13, 2011, 12:24 AM EST
Dwayne Roloson never had a lot of success against the Caps through most of his career. Now that he’s with Tampa Bay, he’s shut them out twice. You just can’t predict hockey, can you?
Jan 12, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
In good times or bad, Martin St. Louis has been a constant force of positivity for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
One thing to consider if you’re hoping that the Lightning (or someone else) will sign Evgeni Nabokov
Dec 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
There’s one snag when it comes to the Tampa Bay Lightning – or any other team – signing Evgeni Nabokov: they must cross their fingers that another team doesn’t claim him on waivers.
Dec 17, 2010, 4:06 PM EST
While the Washington Capitals and his former team the San Jose Sharks received plenty of votes, the greatest number of PHT readers think that Tampa Bay is the ideal location for Evgeni Nabokov.
Dec 14, 2010, 5:06 PM EST
If you’ve been wondering about the possibility of Evgeni Nabokov going to Tampa Bay, you’re right to think that they’d at least discuss it.
Nov 21, 2010, 7:52 PM EST
New York Islanders defenseman Mike Mottau was rushed to the hospital after taking a puck to his right eye.
Nov 17, 2010, 9:30 PM EST
There’s nothing substantial yet, but Marc-Andre Bergeron’s agent claims that the Tampa Bay Lightning might be interested in adding him to the fold.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)