Apr 5, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
After watching captain Vincent Lecavalier narrowly escape a serious eye injury, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman will ask all of his players to wear visors next season.
Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
Following in the footsteps of Steve Yzerman and Cam Neely, Joe Sakic takes a front office job with the Colorado Avalanche.
Feb 27, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Like most general managers in the playoff picture, Thrashers GM Rick Dudley wants to make his team better. But he also knows that he shouldn’t compromise a promising future for a slightly better present.
Feb 15, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
This week’s edition of Ask the Expert, Mike Milbury talks about the job Guy Boucher and Steve Yzerman have done in Tampa as well as about the Kings playoff chances in the West.
Feb 14, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
Lightning GM Steve Yzerman and Islanders enforcer Zenon Konopka offer two disparate perspectives on Mario Lemieux’s much-discussed comments.
Feb 13, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Both the Bruins and Red Wings are enjoying successful seasons despite employing wildly different strategies. Read about the profound differences between the two teams in this post.
Feb 5, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
The Lightning recalled offensive defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron from the minors. Could he give their already-potent power play a boost?
Feb 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It seems like a slightly larger group of PHT readers prefer the new Lightning designs to the old ones. Click “Read More” for the mixed reactions.
Jan 31, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning shared their new logo and jersey designs today. Check out their new look and tell us how you feel in this post’s poll.
Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Carolina’s Jeff Skinner is the newest all-star named to the team today. He’s also now the youngest all-star of all time.
Jan 13, 2011, 12:24 AM EDT
Dwayne Roloson never had a lot of success against the Caps through most of his career. Now that he’s with Tampa Bay, he’s shut them out twice. You just can’t predict hockey, can you?
Jan 12, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
In good times or bad, Martin St. Louis has been a constant force of positivity for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
One thing to consider if you’re hoping that the Lightning (or someone else) will sign Evgeni Nabokov
Dec 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
There’s one snag when it comes to the Tampa Bay Lightning – or any other team – signing Evgeni Nabokov: they must cross their fingers that another team doesn’t claim him on waivers.
Dec 17, 2010, 4:06 PM EDT
While the Washington Capitals and his former team the San Jose Sharks received plenty of votes, the greatest number of PHT readers think that Tampa Bay is the ideal location for Evgeni Nabokov.
Dec 14, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
If you’ve been wondering about the possibility of Evgeni Nabokov going to Tampa Bay, you’re right to think that they’d at least discuss it.
Nov 21, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
New York Islanders defenseman Mike Mottau was rushed to the hospital after taking a puck to his right eye.
Nov 17, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
There’s nothing substantial yet, but Marc-Andre Bergeron’s agent claims that the Tampa Bay Lightning might be interested in adding him to the fold.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 18
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)