Jan 22, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
A play-by-play man goes off on a blogger (in defense of John Tavares) and many more links in today’s Morning Skate.
Jan 3, 2012, 8:29 AM EDT
The Lightning GM might be the most grounded guy in the league
Jan 3, 2012, 7:05 AM EDT
The happy love-in in Winnipeg finally has some drama. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 31, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
We’ve heard this same story too many times this year.
Dec 28, 2011, 8:56 AM EDT
With teams able to make deals again, here’s a quick hit list of who might be on the move.
Dec 22, 2011, 8:41 AM EDT
Lots of teams have problems, but Tampa’s are becoming more obvious by the game.
Dec 22, 2011, 7:09 AM EDT
If you’re in search of a heartwarming story for the holidays, we’ve got you covered. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 22, 2011, 1:45 AM EDT
Another testament to how tough hockey players can be.
Dec 15, 2011, 2:07 PM EDT
Tampa Bay netminder says he feels good, but numbers suggest otherwise.
Dec 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The Lightning’s goaltending problems are so bad that it might be time for their AHL starter to get a shot. Yikes.
Dec 12, 2011, 2:27 PM EDT
Avoids potential 10-game suspension.
Dec 7, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
After seeing yet another miserable performance in goal, it’s about time for Steve Yzerman to make some magic happen with a trade.
Nov 30, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
No shocker: Detroit still loves Stevie Y.
Nov 30, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
It’s the one game per year that Red Wings fans get all flustered about rooting for the home team. Steve Yzerman’s presence in Tampa Bay is pretty good that way.
Nov 24, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
Tampa GM responds to claims his team needs a shake-up.
Nov 22, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
The Leafs embarrassed the Lightning to the point that you have to wonder if change might be coming …
Nov 14, 2011, 10:52 PM EDT
Sure, it might be last week’s news, but the league’s top executives are wise to at least discuss the polarizing strategy.
Nov 11, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
All 30 GMs will meet Tuesday in Toronto to discuss.
Oct 26, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
That’s right, it’s Zdeno Chara in a pink rabbit costume. Good luck getting that vision out of your head all day.
Oct 25, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
So what’s it going to take to get visors to be made mandatory in the NHL?
Oct 18, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
Some worried about how Dwayne Roloson would hold up this season in Tampa Bay being 42 years-old. So far it’s looking pretty bad for the Lightning starter.
Oct 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Can the Lightning match – or even improve upon – their impressive work from the 2010-11 season and playoffs? PHT takes a look in their season preview.
Oct 1, 2011, 1:00 AM EDT
It’s strange to hear a player talk about being “lucky” about a year after a puck hits him in the eye, but Mike Mottau’s perspective actually makes some sense.
Sep 5, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Raw Charge wonders if Lightning players will heed Steve Yzerman’s request to wear visors, while recent updates indicate that Ryan Malone should be healthy enough to return by the end of the preseason.
Aug 17, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Steve Yzerman, Patrick Roy, Borje Salming and Jeremy Roenick join Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios and Wayne Gretzky on the list of legends who will appear in NHL 12. While many of us wonder which two (or more) legends will round out that group, some are complaining about the “little things” like the equipment those players used.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)