Feb 16, 2011, 6:43 PM EST
Atlanta Thrashers owner Michael Gearon says that if support doesn’t pick up in Atlanta from ticket buyers and local supporters, the team could be sold and moved in the near future. Scare tactic or legitimate concern?
Another Atlanta Thrashers lawsuit: Owners allege that faulty contract blocked sale, team lost $130M since 2005
Jan 21, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
The Atlanta Thrashers ownership group claims that a “fatally flawed” contract blocked them from selling the team in 2005, forcing them to operate the franchise with more than $130 million in loses.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12