Feb 16, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
Atlanta Thrashers owner Michael Gearon says that if support doesn’t pick up in Atlanta from ticket buyers and local supporters, the team could be sold and moved in the near future. Scare tactic or legitimate concern?
Another Atlanta Thrashers lawsuit: Owners allege that faulty contract blocked sale, team lost $130M since 2005
Jan 21, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The Atlanta Thrashers ownership group claims that a “fatally flawed” contract blocked them from selling the team in 2005, forcing them to operate the franchise with more than $130 million in loses.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5