Jan 14, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
This post features a stats-based look at the Kings’ meltdown seven games into their eight game homestand a look ahead to a February that might bury their playoff hopes.
Dec 31, 2010, 1:24 PM EDT
Let’s take at look of the most interesting numbers going into the 2011 Winter Classic.
Dec 7, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT presents an in-depth breakdown of an insane run by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury. You’ll find the numbers you’ll read in many other places, but most importantly, there are also obscure/deeper stats to stimulate your mind this morning.
Dec 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
For the sixth season in a row, the Western Conference clearly out-classes the East in the NHL.
Nov 23, 2010, 10:41 PM EDT
They aren’t getting much attention for their 10-3 month, but the Columbus Blue Jackets are suddenly one of the top teams in the NHL. Here are some interesting numbers from the franchise’s impressive month.
Nov 20, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
The 50,000th all-time NHL game will be played tonight. Let’s take a look at some of the most interesting numbers.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)