Jan 14, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
This post features a stats-based look at the Kings’ meltdown seven games into their eight game homestand a look ahead to a February that might bury their playoff hopes.
Dec 31, 2010, 1:24 PM EST
Let’s take at look of the most interesting numbers going into the 2011 Winter Classic.
Dec 7, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
PHT presents an in-depth breakdown of an insane run by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury. You’ll find the numbers you’ll read in many other places, but most importantly, there are also obscure/deeper stats to stimulate your mind this morning.
Dec 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
For the sixth season in a row, the Western Conference clearly out-classes the East in the NHL.
Nov 23, 2010, 10:41 PM EST
They aren’t getting much attention for their 10-3 month, but the Columbus Blue Jackets are suddenly one of the top teams in the NHL. Here are some interesting numbers from the franchise’s impressive month.
Nov 20, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
The 50,000th all-time NHL game will be played tonight. Let’s take a look at some of the most interesting numbers.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)