Mar 5, 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
After fighting for their playoff lives last season, the Flyers have been able to cruise to the top spot in the East in 2010-11. Yet for the first time this season, they’re really struggling. Every team stumbles a bit, but real question is: why? Here’s our explanation.
Nov 4, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Boston Bruins TV play-by-play man Jack Edwards would like to see a statistical revolution take over the NHL… To make sure that stats are less home-biased.
Oct 24, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
Every now and then, we’ll take a look at each conference’s standings to see if there are any trends or quirks that explain why some teams are failing and others are overachieving. Obviously, these results will reveal bigger truths once we advance later into this season … but it’s still fun and interesting to take…
Oct 24, 2010, 7:29 PM EDT
After looking at some of the Eastern Conference standings stats, it’s clear that playing on the road hasn’t been a big deal for most teams in the conference at this early stage. Click “read more” to find out which teams are flourishing away from home and which teams are floundering in their own arenas.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 12
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)