Mar 5, 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
After fighting for their playoff lives last season, the Flyers have been able to cruise to the top spot in the East in 2010-11. Yet for the first time this season, they’re really struggling. Every team stumbles a bit, but real question is: why? Here’s our explanation.
Nov 4, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Boston Bruins TV play-by-play man Jack Edwards would like to see a statistical revolution take over the NHL… To make sure that stats are less home-biased.
Oct 24, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
Every now and then, we’ll take a look at each conference’s standings to see if there are any trends or quirks that explain why some teams are failing and others are overachieving. Obviously, these results will reveal bigger truths once we advance later into this season … but it’s still fun and interesting to take…
Oct 24, 2010, 7:29 PM EDT
After looking at some of the Eastern Conference standings stats, it’s clear that playing on the road hasn’t been a big deal for most teams in the conference at this early stage. Click “read more” to find out which teams are flourishing away from home and which teams are floundering in their own arenas.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)