Stanley Cup finals
Jun 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
The NHL has set a new record with 47 playoff road wins in a single year.
Jun 4, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
The Kings’ lead isn’t insurmountable, but it’s the next best thing.
Oct 15, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
A Vancouver spa is offering $50 gift certificates for any rioters who come forward, turn themselves in, and provide “proof of arrest.” There’s some pure comedy coming out of Vancouver…
Aug 28, 2011, 11:39 AM EDT
In a 12-season span, the NHL topped the four major sports when it comes to parity in its championship rounds. PHT takes a look at those numbers and also compares other eras to see how much parity has increased in the NHL.
Jun 13, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
The PHT Stanley Cup finals Game 6 live chat is under way. Come join us for the witty banter and shenanigans. We don’t think anyone will get bitten.
Jun 2, 2011, 12:08 AM EDT
Both teams have negatives and positives to take from Game 1, but it’s tough not to wonder how much we really learned about this Bruins-Canucks series after a strange first set.
May 26, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Did Kirk MacLean conjure the future spirit of Roberto Luongo in 1994? We study that question and many others by comparing the 1993-94 Canucks to the 2010-11 version.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 18
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 33
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 58
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)