Nov 8, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Good news Oilers fans, Ales Hemsky is back. Bad news Oilers fans, Magnus Paajarvi has the sophomore slump nailed down.
Oct 14, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
Guy Boucher isn’t happy with his team’s 1-2-1 start this season. While some coaches would work on X’s and O’s, Boucher thinks the problem is between the players’ ears.
Oct 13, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Players are always looking to avoid the dreaded “sophomore slump.” In Anaheim, Cam Fowler isn’t simply looking to survive the second-year jinx, he’s already trying to make himself into an even better NHL defenseman.
Sep 25, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT
Corey Crawford ripped the starting job away from Marty Turco in the middle of last season. Now, he’ll try to prove that he can succeed while being the undisputed #1 from the very beginning of training camp.
Sep 13, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner accomplished more than most rookies last season. An all-star appearance, 31 goals, 63 points, and a Calder Trophy. Next on the “to-do” list: a playoff berth.
Aug 22, 2011, 11:39 PM EDT
Last year’s number one pick Taylor Hall had a solid rookie season ended by an ankle injury. Can he avoid the sophomore slump? Performance by past #1 picks says he can.
Mar 3, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT
A rough season got that much tougher for Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto, as the offensive blueliner is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a fractured finger.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)