Nov 8, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Good news Oilers fans, Ales Hemsky is back. Bad news Oilers fans, Magnus Paajarvi has the sophomore slump nailed down.
Oct 14, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
Guy Boucher isn’t happy with his team’s 1-2-1 start this season. While some coaches would work on X’s and O’s, Boucher thinks the problem is between the players’ ears.
Oct 13, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Players are always looking to avoid the dreaded “sophomore slump.” In Anaheim, Cam Fowler isn’t simply looking to survive the second-year jinx, he’s already trying to make himself into an even better NHL defenseman.
Sep 25, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT
Corey Crawford ripped the starting job away from Marty Turco in the middle of last season. Now, he’ll try to prove that he can succeed while being the undisputed #1 from the very beginning of training camp.
Sep 13, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner accomplished more than most rookies last season. An all-star appearance, 31 goals, 63 points, and a Calder Trophy. Next on the “to-do” list: a playoff berth.
Aug 22, 2011, 11:39 PM EDT
Last year’s number one pick Taylor Hall had a solid rookie season ended by an ankle injury. Can he avoid the sophomore slump? Performance by past #1 picks says he can.
Mar 3, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT
A rough season got that much tougher for Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto, as the offensive blueliner is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a fractured finger.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)