Jan 2, 2011, 1:56 AM EST
Check out Star Cam footage of Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin from the 2011 Winter Classic.
Jan 2, 2011, 12:56 AM EST
What were both teams saying after tonight’s incredible 3-1 Capitals win in the Winter Classic? Strap in.
Jan 2, 2011, 12:09 AM EST
Video highlights from the 2011 Winter Classic.
Jan 1, 2011, 11:07 PM EST
While Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin dominated the headlines going into the Winter Classic, hard working Capitals forward Eric Fehr stole the show with a great two goal performance.
Jan 1, 2011, 10:13 PM EST
Business picked up in the second period of the Winter Classic, setting the stage for an explosive third.
Jan 1, 2011, 9:40 PM EST
See video from this evening’s ceremonial puck drop before the start of the 2011 Winter Classic
Jan 1, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
With these two rivals squaring off and with them both near the top of the Eastern Conference, who needs a win more? We break it down.
Dec 31, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
What are we looking out for in the Winter Classic tomorrow? We’ve got five things that make a lot of sense.
Dec 31, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
While it’s easier to depict Crosby vs. Ovechkin as a wild man vs. a choir boy (or even good vs. evil), the truth is that both players are more complex than most expect.
Dec 30, 2010, 9:22 PM EST
The Canadian Press handed Sidney Crosby its Lionel Conacher Award for the country’s best athlete of 2010, the third time he’s earned such an honor. Find out about is amazing year by clicking on “Read More.”
Dec 29, 2010, 10:28 PM EST
An all round night of surprises as the Islanders beat the Penguins in a shootout and stop Sidney Crosby’s point streak at 25 games.
Dec 29, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
There were many great goals to choose from, but Jay Beagle’s spinning top shelf shot earns the December 28th goal of the night.
Dec 28, 2010, 9:52 PM EST
Sidney Crosby now has a 25-game scoring streak with a stunning 50 points in that span, as he scored two goals and added two assists to help the Penguins pummel the Thrashers 6-3.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins now hold four of the six spots on the fan-voted All-Star team with one week left.
Dec 27, 2010, 12:31 PM EST
Getting the Islanders out of the NHL basement and playing out of your mind makes Dwayne Roloson the NHL’s top star of the week.
Dec 24, 2010, 7:00 AM EST
Most hockey fans think the Winter Classic can’t get here soon enough. But for Dan Craig – the man building the custom rink on Heinz Field – it’s a stressful fight against the clock. Click “Read More” to find out about the process.
Dec 23, 2010, 10:36 PM EST
The Penguins and Capitals somehow lived up to the hype going into this contest, with Sidney Crosby, Marc-Andre Fleury and Mike Green shining the brightest on Thursday night.
Dec 23, 2010, 6:26 PM EST
Tonight’s Pens-Caps match up might be just one game, but for the Capitals it’s their chance to prove that their slump and hard times are truly behind them.
Dec 23, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
The latest episode of HBO’s 24/7 shows us that Bruce Boudreau seems to have a better handle on the locker room while the Caps don’t seem to handle criticism all too well.
Crosby extends his scoring streak to 22 games while Penguins shrink Flyers’ lead with win over Panthers
Dec 22, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
Sidney Crosby tied the second longest points scoring streak in 18 years while the Penguins won, leaving Pittsburgh only one point behind Philadelphia.
Dec 22, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
The next episode of HBO’s 24/7 Penguins/Capitals Road to the Winter Classic is on the way tonight and we’ve got some ideas on what to look out for.
Dec 21, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin eked his way into the top three forwards in the latest update of all-star game voting results
Dec 20, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
Sidney Crosby extended his career-high scoring streak to 21 games (21 goals and 21 assists for 42 points) while the Penguins ended a two-game losing streak by pounding the Coyotes 6-1.
Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Check out a sneak preview of the Price is Right appearance by Jeremy Roenick, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 82
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 91
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 102
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (117)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (103)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (91)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)