Apr 23, 2011, 1:48 AM EDT
The Ducks thought they had this one in check. Turns out no one told the Predators the game was over as they win it 4-3 in overtime to take a 3-2 series lead.
Apr 16, 2011, 1:45 AM EDT
After the Predators cruised to a Game 1 win and shut down the Ducks offense, Anaheim’s stars came through to tie the series up at 1-1 with a 5-3 win.
Apr 11, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
It might not be getting the attention some of the other series are, but Anaheim and Nashville are set up for a slobbknocker of a series.
Apr 3, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Mike Milbury shows his appreciation for three 40+ year-old stars shining in the NHL while Pierre McGuire gives it up for a pair of outstanding Western Conference young defensemen.
Mar 20, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
Barry Trotz’s Nashville Predators are hoping to get back to the playoffs. They’ve got a tough road ahead as Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire discussed today.
Feb 21, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Predators were worried that under-the-radar defenseman Ryan Suter might miss significant time with an upper body injury, but Barry Trotz seems “encouraged” that he’ll be back by Thursday.
Feb 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien was set to become a free agent at the end of this season. That’s not happening now as he’s signed a five-year extension to stay in Atlanta for $26 million.
Feb 5, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
You thought Zdeno Chara’s slap shot at the All-Star Game was impressive? Denis Kulyash of the KHL laughs at his meager 105.9 mph shot.
Jan 29, 2011, 10:25 PM EDT
Here’s video and discussion of Zdeno Chara breaking his own hardest shot record with a 105.9 mile per hour slapper.
2011 NHL SuperSkills results: Zdeno Chara breaks his own record with 105.9 mph slapper in hardest shot contest
Jan 29, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Shea Weber beat him in the qualifying rounds and unleashed some great slappers of his own, but Zdeno Chara broke his own record for the hardest shot competition with an absurd 105.9 mile per hour effort.
Jan 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip…
Jan 27, 2011, 2:18 AM EDT
With all the stars on the ice in Vancouver, it’d be rookie Lee Sweatt scoring his first NHL goal and making it count big as the game-winner over Nashville.
Jan 5, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
On the heels of Ryan Getzlaf’s unnerving sinus fractures – an injury that might have been prevented or limited if he wore a visor – we must ask: should the NHL require players to wear visors?
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 21
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)